1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Permanent Seat Height INCREASE in my 1.3 MJD Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by pranjandas, Oct 3, 2013.

1. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    Hi All,
    I have purchased a new 1.3 MJD Fiat Punto Active pearl white. Part payment of 50% of the cost has already been made. Rest to be made at the time of delivery. The delivery is scheduled on this Sunday on 6th Oct, 2013. The car which has reportedly come for me is "Vocal White" instead of New Pearl White as mentioned on Fiat India website. I have a few questions and expect the experts to guide me before my GP is delivered:
    1. Is Vocal white delivered in the name of New Pearl White?
    2. I want to know is there any scope for driver seat height enhancement may be permanently WITHOUT letting the warranty getting void? If yes, how?
    3. VIN No. of the car to be delivered to me is : MCA11814EXXXXXXXX HZK as mentioned on the sticker pasted on the front glass at one corner. The dealer showed a similar VIN No at the scribbled on the floor of the car just beneath the co-driver seat. There is an opening to check the same. How to confirm manufacturing month & year of the car from parts inside the bonnet?
    4. Engine type is 100A2000. Please confirm it is the same engine type.
    5. Dealer has said basic kit coming as complimentary with the car contains ONLY Mud Flap & Carpet. Is it correct?
    6. What are the anti-rust treatment one should do with a new car from safety point of view?
    7. What are your suggestions for seat cover? Which one to go for?

Sincerely request experienced guys to help me out as I am new in Fiat world.

Please help!

Regards,
    Prashant.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

VIN should be ending HKZ. Is that a typo from your end?

Vocal White and Pearl White are well, basically metallic white.

Car is protected enough from factory itself for anti-rust, it's upto you to splurge more on the same for your satisfaction.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Your engine type is : 11814E i.e Punto Active 75hp engine ; HKZ = August 2013 manufactured

Check this thread to know how to decode the VIN number. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...icle-identification-no-decoding-year-mfr.html

As for vocal white, it was discontinued in 2010 or so. Now it's only Pearl White. Must be some system thing that it is still being called Vocal White. They aren't much different though. Vocal was a bit more pearly than Pearl White.

No rust treatment needed at all. Do not get it.

Congratulations by the way :)

Cheers.
  4. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    Many thanks for quick reply from DRIV3R & gurjinder, appreciate your feedback! Any take on driver seat height increase?
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Wasnt it Bossa Nova White till the refreshed models in 2013? New Pearl white is IMO not truly white, has a creamish look to it.

Prashant - As other have said, no need for anti rust treatment as of now. But maybe a year down the line, you can inspect the underbody for the coating thickness and decide accordingly. As for seat adjustment, you need to check with Fiat of this can be done. Check with the dealer if you can get the moulded cup type mudflaps instead of the usual rubberized ones.

Congratulations on the purchase.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ghodlur, it was BNW for Punto, Linea came in Vocal White.
  7. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    Indeed this variant of white color has more creamish look & matches roughly with Swift Dezire white color. I asked the dealer regarding seat height adjustment, he informed that it will have to be welded somewhere may be near bracket AND the seat warranty will be void. He is happy to do it provided I am okay with warranty void! Alternatively he suggested to go for a special seat cover which he will provide for some 7K-8K & promised to put some extra cushion to take care of the height. Other option the dealer gave me to go for Dynamic seat for around 15K WITHOUT promising to take away the existing Active seat & giving any discount on the new seat. That means, the dealer is not agreeing for any Exchange.

The dealer insists that they have got PDI of the vehicle done in my absence. When yesterday I asked for PDI certificate as advised in this TFI, he declined saying no such certificate is issued. I have asked for PDI again at the time of delivery on 6th Sunday and the dealer has agreed. Any other thing to specially take care of at the time of delivery. One thing I want to share, although the VIN of the vehicle shows August 2013 make, some of the parts inside the bonnet has earlier dates like Feb 2013, July 2009, January 2010 etc affixed. Is it normal?
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Before BNW, there was Vocal White. Now, its only Pearl White.
  9. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    But the vehicle comes with "Vocal White" only scribbled with VIN No. even in August 2013 models like mine! Dont know where the problem lies.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yes ofcourse. Your car was only "assembled" in August 2013. The components could well have been produced at an earlier date. Don't worry.

Check with the dealer to confirm. Vocal White still being written would be a hangover from the old days or lack of system upgradation etc etc.