1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Perhaps the First Ever Linea with Projector headlights !!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Italia-Linea, Jan 14, 2012.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I have a question regarding the HID Projector setup on a PUNTO, can someone help answer?

Given the Single Barrel Headlight on Punto, i understand that a Bi XEXON projector is required to switch between High and low beams. I also understand that HID's take a long time to illuminate, lets say it's atleast 10 sec.

Now, i am a person who uses the dipper a lot. Yes, even during the day to warn pedestrians and bikers who try to jump in and cross the road from every possible break on the median.

Now, with the HID lights taking their own time to light up, how would i be able to use the dipper during the day when the low beam is not turned ON?
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    This is the main drawback when you use Projector HIDs in single barrel headlights and even I was also facing this problem.

I would not recommend you to use flash projector HIDs in day time as it wont illuminate full, chances that HIDs will stop working due to frequent use of dipper in day time as they wont illuminated completely.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    OK, so that sounds like a major drawback and i will have to stay away from Projectors.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Well there is something called projectors with hallogens. The same as on safari storme etc. They have normal high power halogen bulbs in them with projector lenses. They can operate the same way as we do in our cars right now, cheers :)
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    How do the halogen projectors perform when compared to the hid one's? Is the lighting improvement worth the expense?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Even the Wagon R Stingray, Pulsar 220 have the same halogen projectors AFAIK.
  7. Nikhil Kalantre

Nikhil Kalantre Timido

Pune, India
    Italia-Linea,

I must say you've done loads of hard-work and research for this stuff. Boy, its one fine piece you are having now...

Question: Where I can get the Projector Headlights for Linea fitting in Pune? Can you recommend anyone or any shop?

After looking into this can't wait to get this done on my car ;);)
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nikhil call Sunil 9850191115. I got my projectors done from Sunil.

His shop located at Nashik Phata and Shop name Car Studio. You can refer myself or Amit Nikam.
  9. Nikhil Kalantre

Nikhil Kalantre Timido

Pune, India
    Kedar, Thanks a lot for your response and info... :)

Can you provide any additional tips before going the fitting? Any specific brand instrument, bulbs, wiring? How much it cost?

Have you also got the projector headlights done for your car? Can you share the photos please?
  10. Nikhil Kalantre

Nikhil Kalantre Timido

Pune, India
    Hi kedarbendre, Hi All,

Can you recommend Angel Eyes or is there any other alternative for Linea?
    Also, for the lights of inner and outer rings of Projector which I should go, I've Linea in Sunbeam Beige color.

Your suggestions are much much needed :(

Thank you,

NK