1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Perhaps the First Ever Linea with Projector headlights !!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Italia-Linea, Jan 14, 2012.

1. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dude,

Let me know once you done, as myself also want to install a bi-xenon lamps in my 1.3 MJD Grande Punto.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am looking forward to install HID and projectors for low beam in my linea.
    I am confused with this Canbus ballast thing,can i simply use a normal HID kit?,if not why?
    I dont want any error code in the MID,due to this mod.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Planning for the same set projectors for my Linea as well. But need to consult some experts in the field in Chennai (a bit scared for DIY). Hoping to complete it by next moth.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @Akshay4384 AFAIK Low beam and high beam are not on Canbus in Linea as when my low beam bulb fused MID did not show any error.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with Vijay here. This is what the manual says:

Linea Light Failure.JPG

I have something to do with the Headlamp tomorrow anyway. So, I will disconnect a High / Low beam and check if any MID errors show up.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Only the parking lights are monitored by Canbus. A low-tech solution would be to wire the existing filament parking bulbs in parallel with the LED/CCFL parking lights so that the current draw/resistance does not fall below what is needed by the Canbus to stay quiet :)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just verified. With the headlamp H7 low beam bulb removed, no errors. With the parking light bulb removed, error shown on MID.

Rajan
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yeah,it gives out an error when parking bulb is removed.
    Recently i saw Jotinders Linea with Projector set up.
    Parking bulb was removed for installtion of projectors in low beam,and there was the parking light error in MID.
    How can we overcome this?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  9. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    connect it to an angel eye or drl setup :)
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its only the parking bulbs. If you directly connect the angel eyes on them they throw an error in MID. However you get canbus ballasts which avoid any sorts of errors
    1 person likes this.