1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Perhaps the First Ever Linea with Projector headlights !!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Italia-Linea, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah thats one problem with FIAT, your spending on the car to make it better never end, even if everything is perfect with it. You always find new ways to spend money on it. :)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    It was my first highway trip after the projector mod. that too on single roads with oncoming traffic on solapur highway.

i had every reason to rejoice with the killer headlights i was having. except some trucks almost everyone bowed to my high beams whenever requested.

it has suddenly become so safe to drive on dark roads with oncoming high powerful beams. the side throw of these projectors are very good.

i can easily see the road skirtings and the trees on both sides of the road + focused beams in the centre.

the oem headlights were really useless with poor visibility.
    3 people like this.
  3. dipys

dipys

Mumbai
    Fantastic Job done on your ride there Italia... A few questions from my side
    1. You got yout parts online from KT... Was it just Canbus or with the projector lights as well? Couldn't find both of em together on 150$ as u mentioned?
    2. I see in the market a lot of projector lights available? why u went online.... for cost, linea specific??
    3. from your description, you sound to have plenty of indepth knowledge of cars inners.... engg background?? any solutions for us lesser mortals.... as it is difficult to explain to local mechanic what u just explained even if we get parts?

Guys Any one else know if the same can be setup in mumbai anywhere...... want to upgrade my headlights as well and am really impressed with Italia Linea's job
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  4. dipys

dipys

Mumbai
    Italia sahab,
    A few more questions popping up in my mind.
    1. you said you have connected angel eyes separately with battery and a switch in cabin. There aren't any empty switches slot inside linea.
    2. could u share exactly what options you took when u ordered your projectors online?? there are many options asto 12v/55w, 12v 35w.... I am guessing we need 12v/55w for Linea... but then there are 2 other options as slim ballast or canbus free ballast. which one to take??
    3. Did u order the bulbs from same site, as it mentions extra for the bulb( or maybe they are for extra bulbs)?
    4. Since you made a Y-connection for you high beams and also going into projectors, are u using H4 bulbs or normal H7 bulbs

I know I am being too finicky( me a novice for car inner workings).... if you dont mind, could you PM your mobile number, so maybe i can call u with any question(promise won't bother u at 2 in the night;) )
  5. dipys

dipys

Mumbai
    Anyone from Mumbai.... who knows of a similar job in mumbai??
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

All my comments in Bold Italics.

Do ping Phew too on our forum. He has a very good knowledge about projectors in the market too.
  7. dipys

dipys

Mumbai
    Many Thanks Italia......... Already Ordered Online.... awaiting the task of installation(with bated breadth.......:rolleyes:)
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Contact NK customs. I think Aniket have his no. There are many more guys here in mumbai doing retro fitting of projectors but i have seen Nk customs work so i think he can work on that or else automotive solution/modification shop "MOTORSOUNDS" can also work on it. Shops in mulund(W.) & lokhandawala. Contact no. - 9819641444 - Ravi Nandrajog.
  9. dipys

dipys

Mumbai
    Many Thanks tron....... I know Ravi quite well. Somehow just skipped my mind. Will call him up. Is he and NK customs at par or should i prefer one over other
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Check it out with both guys. Get your job done from one who you feel techically more sound. I have seen a gray punto with projectors & blue corona ring done by NK customs, so he is atleast familiar with wrork.

Great! If you know Ravi then 50% of your problem is solved as he can work it out well or else he'll surely link you up.