1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance review for TEIN suspension system & RRP Turbo kit for Petrol Engines.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Sheetal, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Sheetal

Sheetal Timido

Bangalore
    I went to RRP (Red Rooster Performance) today to check out the Tein suspension unit and RRP Turbo kit and the experience was amazing.

Tein has 2 suspension units available - RRP Basic & RRP Super Street. RRP Basic needs manual setting whereas the Super Street comes with a controller & you can toggle between 4 ride height & 16 syspension settings. The basic was onstalled on Scorpio & it behaved well but the surprise package was super street installed along with the turbo kit - killer combo. This was installed on a CIVIC & as such I'm sure if this is installed on our FIAT(S) it will be like AVENGERS coming together.

The turbo kicks in @ 2000 & the blow off valve makes an amazing sound when the turbo is killed - wow :)

Suspension blew me off my feet and all the settings can be switched at a press of a button & work smoothly. I was so impressed that I asked them to install it on my Adventure & was willing to leave the car with them at the very minute as it takes about 3 weeks for the installation.

The FIAT suspensions are the best you can get as OEM & not sure but believe FIAT suspensions offer 2 way feature (inbound & outbound). Team - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Tein is the best we can upgrade to & is worth its money. It comes with a 2 year warranty. The turbo is available only for petrol vehicles and can be installed in all FIAT without any issue & comes with silicon hoses.

Sad part - Tein suspension is not available for FIAT(S) as of now as these are customized for chassis & the folks at RRP have not got FIAT orders in a feasible volume.

I spoke to the National Sales Manager @ RRP & he has agreed to talk to CEO (RRP) to have the Tein customized for FIAT(S) if they get a good volume. He has agreed to give a personalized demo for FIAT LOVERS. I spoke to National Sales Manager & he is willing to give us a personalized demo. I asked him if he would like to travel & give us demo during our travel.

Team - Kindly let me know the feedback so I can talk to RRP guys on this.

Thanks,
    -Sheetal
    1 person likes this.
  2. Hi Sheetal,

Can you give us a bit more insight on the turbo kit. Costs, installations and so on. Planning to fit the same on my Adventure.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Never saw this thread !!
    Turbo ing is a risky job, and have read many stories on things which went wrong, from RRP also !! Pls dont go for any Packages that the RRP offers, its pure waste of money, get things which you only need !!

Red Rooster Power Drive for my Fiat Palio 1.6 - Advise and opinions sought - Team-BHP
    a good BMC CAI intake and a FFE to support that !! you may try somender singh's grooving which itself gives you enough to give you a boost if you ve got bored of it !!
    Go through these for details on that.
    My Grooved Esteem FE is 14.5 Kmpl - Team-BHP
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...-km-update-engine-grooved-11.html#post2703503
    His own website with details
    SOMENDER-SINGH.com
    Tien is a great product from the reviews of users on various cars, if its not there, you can try Bilsteins too, i ve experienced the thrill of bilstiens on a remapped fiesta 1.6S !! It costs almost 48k for a set !! Their B6 is non adjustable but B14 have 5 way adjustable suspension set up. I guess only petes deal with bilstein here. But do you really need it, IMHO only crazy crazy drivers need that !! fiat stock one itself suffices for our mad drives. if its time for some experimentation, go ahead n tell the result... btw you havent posted any pics of your beauty !!
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Turbo for pertrol???? It should be super charger...... wow...
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    no Its turbo charger itself.. it was olden days when only petrols were supercharged and only diesels were turbo charged, now nobody takes the pain to supercharge . Tjet, laura vrs comes with turbo chargers !!
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Oh, Is it so.
    Thanks..... :)
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    BOV in TJet

Don't mean to hijack this thread , but I would love to have a BOV installed in My TJet (replacing the stock diverter valve) . Can the experts throw some light on the cons of such a modification (apart from warranty issues obviously).
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. Sheetal

Sheetal Timido

Bangalore
    @krazydriver84 - there are 2 ver namely turbo & hybrid.
    Turbo will cost about 2.5L & Hybrid - 5L. Turbo will give you 2Xcurrent BHP @ tyre & Hybrid gives 3Xcurrent BHP. The BHP will be calculated at tyre & not crank. They have DYNO instrument which will check that & tuning will also be done accordingly.

I tested the turbo on civic & it was killer. It comes with warranty & RRP claims there will not be any issue to engine as they will replace components to ensure all works well. Will get more details.

@varunrtr - thank you for sharing the info. I will check into more details on the turbo. I'm looking into Bilsteins now as Tein is not available for US as of now. Looking to have it imported. Would be great if you can share contact details for Petes as mentioned by you on the post. Pics will be posted soon. Thanks for reminder :).

@rishike007 - the experience is awesome.

link to RRP products - REDROOSTER PERFORMANCE

Sudhir will be the contact person @ RRP (Bangalore). He can provide all the details. Sudhir can be reached at +91 97310 58822, when contacting refer my name.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012