1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance of Punto MJD versus others

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vikastwister, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So who is who in the timings bro, and also in the in gear part the I20 is faster in 4th gear times but in 3Rd the punto has the upper hand but not by much. More over since the discussion is about straight line out right acceleration I never brought the other things in between keeping to the relevance of the comments
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I think we agreed that our cars never can do anything on the straight line. I just brought in another line item to discussion, with the above timings shall we agree that i20 has weaker low end?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When I owned 90HP GP, neither the i20 nor the Swift smoked me ever. While I agree that 90HP is slow in initially, when I go past 2000 RPM, no other Diesel hatchback can smoke the GP 90. I can vouch for that.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Come to Delhi ramjn and I shall help u wake up from ur dreams bro. What do u think by the time ur 90HP reaches 2k rpm others will be waiting and then accelerate, by the time u hit 100 an I20 is already at 120, while ur busy waiting for the 2k magic to happen the I20's already overwhelmed u and won the drag.
    Beat my I 20 in a drag and I should never open my loud mouth again ever. Till then try waking up and face the reality bro.

I rather vouch for a linear vgt rather than a 90HP punto as its sheer waste of money. I find the punto fgt the most Vfm hatchback in the country. For the price and features its a tsunami that can swallow all.

I know my above comments might offend many but that's what I feel and Thats what this forums needs honest views and not just top speed or straightline battles.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I believe in what I have experienced in my 15K Kms. of ownership of GP 90. I know about the capability of this machine. If you think that GP 90 is not capable, so be it. There is no need for me to prove it :).
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Phew I am not agree to your statement.

In a drag race of 90HP and i20, a good driver is a winner and not the car. Both cars has same potential. I defeated i20 CRDi on highway.

In a drag race of 90HP and Swift swift will be the winner due to its light weight.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar bro ur coming to Delhi na, see it for urself and then we shall continue the conversation. And sorry but it's never the car/driver alone its a combination of both. No matter how good a driver u are there are limits which u can discover but not go beyond, if anyones ride does a 0-100 in 15 secs then no matter how good a driver u are u can't make it do the same in 12 secs.

Ramjn : u don need to prove anything all u need is to get real and face the reality of the Grande punto being one of the slowest cars in its category be it 90 or 75 bhp.

I have said a simple thing prove me wrong by doing it in reality and not in assumptions or estimations that one is lighter than the other so it is faster.
    Simply saying u smoked someone does not mean ur rides the fastest or the other ride was slower. If I overtake a BMW at 150+ speed and he does not come back at me, does it mean my punto is faster than him too.
    Was the other person also driving with the same intent??

Without proper knowledge of these facts all this smoking part is baseless and unasked for on the forum.
    Do a proper drag or a circuit stint and then make a comparison. Those results should be considered fair.
    Till then all these talks are just fake assumptions.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    swift wieghts 1080 kg
    Grande Punto 90 HP 1144 kg
    i20 1222kg
    Punto can't beat swift even if you put 64kg extra weight or even 100kg which is the weight difference between both even with it's 90 horses compared to 75 of swift till about 130 km/hr post that punto surges ahead.
    How can you be so sure that the other car was racing with you full on.

Punto/Linea both are sluggish when compared to other cars in segment.
    The reasons why Fiat cars don't sell are
    1. High engine noise (compared to other cars in segment except VW cars)
    2. Sluggish nature or heavyness felt while driving fiats (Wieght is not the reason for that, T-Jet an exception it feels light as other cars in segments feel)
    The day fiats get these things right it would sell in good numbers.

If fiat's Europe Grande Punto 90HP does 0-100 in 12 secs approx why does Indian Grande Punto does it in 16 secs or 15.6 secs to be exact. (Gearbox are same too both cars have C510 gearbox)
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Paji I am not favouring 90HP. Like I said earlier I have minimal knowledge about all these facts and you guys are masters in this field. One more point to mentione is that you experienced the drag race so I wont comment on this.

Is that true that i20 Asta CRDi weight is 1222kg which is more than Punto. I am shocked.
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar bhai I don think anyone is a master or a noob, it is only tht I have certain knowledge in a particular area and u have certain in the other so in order to enhance the incomplete knowledge we posses we come together over a forum or such platform and help each other. So I would request all to treat and understand each other as not "gurus" or "masters" but as friends. No one in this world is smaller than the other so let's maintain that equality here also. :)
    1 person likes this.