1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance of Punto MJD versus others

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vikastwister, Sep 11, 2010.

1. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have been a enthusiastic driver my whole life. I only streched my legs when i got the Punto. Finally a car which is meant for carving miles in highways. Till then it s been a bliss. Regular 220km stint to my hometown made the car a faithful and trust worthy companion. The feel of the car when it reaches 2,000rpm mark in fourth gear is absolutely adrenalin rush..i have done my share of long trips to Chennai and Banglore the top speed whack i got was 170kmph on the speedo. The car's handling is just amazing even at high speeds. It just coils around a curve like a snake hehe. Take it from me, show me another car under 7 lakh price tag which has all this features and goes like a tank planted strong no matter what the speed.
    27052010061.jpg

now that pic proves Punto is not anchored at 150km/hr. It will go on like that till 170km/hr then she runs out of power.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    jiji I am unable to view the pic.
  3. I am able to view it Kedar ..

Ajit
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's nice, but where can the punto beat all the above mentioned cars on curves?? or in a straight line ??
    And how many such curves are present in our cities to exploit the chassis and handling and beat these cars ??

So ur comin for the expo right to Delhi ?? And will u get ur ride too ??
    Please do I'll be waiting to compare it with my I20.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Punto can beat Polo, Fabia, i20 on straight roads as well as on curves. I doubt if Punto will beat Swift on straight road thought it is 90HP.

Swift wins cause it is light weight and not because of the different engine tuning.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, why all these straight line and cornering talks? Punto 90HP has the capability to pull well both on straight line and on the corners.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hate to break it to u kedar bro but the i20 blows the 90HP to dust in a straight line. Even my chipped 9xhp punto can smoke a 90hp one forget the rest. And all these are tried and seen results in drags conducted by our group SOS, so no favoritism here like our auto magazines. if I do wanna give it a try ur more than welcome

But let's not get into all this and spoil the ride, it the best ride and handling hatch so let's enjoy that. Looking forward to it visit. :)
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Phew

I dont think that i20 blows the 90HP and if yes then why? that is my question. Can you please explain. I have less knowledge about this.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    More cubic capacity, better gearing, torque spread, ecu tuning, and alot many factors can be there to which even I don have insight, but after doing it in real only am I making claims, so I'll be glad if I'm proved wrong in reality/practicality and not just theoretically and in assumptions.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Phew - One other thing which we may need to consider is the in-gear acceleration of Punto vs i20. On a drag I wouldn't really think Punto can, but whilst moving on highways I think Punto might have it's edge because of the gearing and turbo lag in i20.

Here's the information I got from raj_5004's thread in TBHP -

20-80 kmph in 3rd gear 15.51 13.97
    40-100 kmph in 4th gear 19.01 14.72

I can't seem to attach the Excel, so here's the link. Due credit to the author.