1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance of Punto MJD versus others

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vikastwister, Sep 11, 2010.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    guys, having already clocked 126kmph on Karizma at NH4, I am desperately waiting my 17 days old and 1500km seasoned Linea to touch 3000km.

till then all I can say..... 'merabhi number aayega'! :cool:
  2. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Hum intezar karenge....!
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Depends on a lot of factors Kedar bhai. Depends on the kind of Driver we are. But yes Punto comparatively does gives us the extra edge of confidence to push more towards the limits.
  4. 1+ that.
    I used to push my good old WagonR to 140-150 on straight roads, but after 110 it was challenge to keep the car in single line as steering needs lot of turns and counter turns .
    I never thought that to be a deficiency of the car until i drove Punto at 160, and holding the steering with just left hand and right hand rested .
    I would have argued or made fun of people if some one would pointed to me that Wagon R is a bad handler before that.
    -Sat
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Took WagonR to 140-150 :shocked? I couldn't believe this. There should have been a problem with the speedo of WagonR :).
  6. Always new air filter, car ran on Mobil 1 synthetic, had strut brace to reduce body flex,Irridium Plugs and finally 155/70 R13, 70 makes the gears little taller than what it was. DSC01272.jpg Eye_opener.jpg
  7. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I dont think Punto is behind any other hatchback in initial pickup. I could do initial pick up from the Red signals better than most of the car . I am able to reach 5th gear in 7-8 secs and vehicle in 2000+ Rpm at that time. I think flooring the pedal like petrol car wont do much in the initial pick up. you have to use the turboband very well.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hmm, beat my alto :)

ALL Stock

Amit@ Stock 150 - YouTube
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Italia,A crazy thought...What about braking!!!!
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    did it just for trial on express way with no other vehicle in sight.

after this i got a FFE done.