1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance of Punto MJD versus others

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vikastwister, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Man why would a vista or swift fall into pieces and also you are sure about this..
    makes no sense
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Oh don't read too much into it.. it is just figurative :p
    I will give you my experience.

Some two years back we were on a trip on a Safari 3L Dicor through the highways in Tamilnadu.
    The vehicle easily touched 120 and I took it above 130 as well. My brother in law who was sitting beside me said I touched 140kmph, but at those speeds the entire vehicle was shaking so badly I dared not to push it any further. The image in ORVMs where a blur and I couldn't see anything behind me.

Now three weeks back, through the same roads, I took my Punto to 145kmph as shown on my GPS speedo. I didn't feel a thing and felt I could push it more. Then my daughter stood up from the rear seat and shouted out the speed which made me ease my right foot and when I looked on the speedo, it was climbing down from 160kmph.:eek:
  3. Haha .. In my case it is the other way .. When I drive my car my daughter asks for more speed and it is my wife who asks to slow down ..
  4. sashank82

Guys have you disabled your speed limit warning 'buzzer'.....? :roll:

Mine's set at 140 KMPH, but on my trip from Delhi to Udaipur, the dual-carriageway tested my temperment, i breached the limit at least 10 times!

I Puntoooed all the way to Udaipur in 7 hours (about 630 KM's):drinks
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Friends, We all know that we can push Punto's to much higher speeds than other cars and to a great extent this is a safe car as well. I have done this in my old palio couple of times. However, let us caution ourselfs not to over indulge in this speedo clocking race. It could be detrimental at some ill fated time. Also, these threads might encourage people to drive faster. I beg everyone's caution to restrain ourself and do safe puntoing..
    1 person likes this.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Guys regarding the service and spares costs, I think FIAT is way less compared to VW.One of my friend said his cousin owns a polo TDI and there are no free services at all. First service around 4k kms itself came aroud 15k.Is it true that VW not providing free service?
    And one more point,the Diesel engine clutter for Polo is so noisy that it can even beat Palio 1.9's(Non turbo) clutter.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    sashank82 thats great..

I can bet Punto 90HP is capable to defeat any car in its segment or a one segment above cars at any time. Highway pe to pucho much.

After 100kmph the cars zoommmm like zip zap zoooom in 5th Gear. I love the acceleration of Punto 90HP in 4th and 5th Gear. :drinks
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How does age relates to speed limits and fun of life?

I agree Old-age affects visibility and quick reflex action but it is for too old, above 80 or so.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Initially mine was set at 100kmph and it was annoying me in the city drive, I later increased it to 120kmph and I did activate the buzzer quite a few times and then I have deactivated it. Its not been activated for almost 8-10 months. Anyways I drive with a much louder buzzer, if you know what I am saying.
  10. sashank82

Kedar: See, on a few of my drives (Chenai - B'lore) a lot of Innovas would try and coax me to race, i would have a sheepish smile - i would continue at 100 to 120 KMPH on the straights, the moment we approach a bend (you a lot of sweeping ones there) the flying Innovas have to slow down to 70-80 KMPH, and i would Puntoooo my way through the bend----------> at the same speed and exit accelarating!:cool:

If could do that with 150 Nm, i am sure you guys (with 207 Nm) would strip those cabbies down to their inner-wear :D