1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance of Punto MJD versus others

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vikastwister, Sep 11, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes I agree the difference between 195/60R15 and 175/70R14 is 2.4%
    Oops :uh It should be the other way round... at 100kmph actual speed, the speedo on 175/70 R14 will show 102.4kmph
    ::pP Yeah I got it, but that should make a difference only in curves right? On straight roads, the difference should be negligible.
    Yes, these and other calibration errors should justify around 7-8% difference.
  2. @ royj

Well my Intention was to provide some major contributors for the speedo errors.
    Yes as you said the calibration part pays a major role.
    The meters are calibrated with a different set up & we get a different final product.
    When they calibrate it, they do it with the perfect set up.
    So the error creeps in with the different set up.

The GPS calculates the relative position.
    Any incline is not calculated.
    So when you travelling up the incline or down the incline it is not considered.
    Even curves have the same effect.

Sorry went off topic & almost started a different debate here.
  3. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks fastlove and all other fiat lovers for clearing my doubt :dancing . I am sure swift or vista would fall in pieces if they touched 140 kmph let alone 170 which many of us have achieved in linea and punto. But i dont understand why all these indian based auto mags say that the max speed is 150 kmps ect, they all must be really biased :A
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Simple. None of them have it in them to take a car to those speeds and just rely on paper specs provided by the manufacturer. ::V
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    5100rmp4th gear 150kmph.. , at 4000 rpm,5thgear i hit 160kmph in punto90hp... ran out of road...
    i expect the error is 6kmph rather not 6-7percent.
    magazines say max speed of punto is 162kmph..does that mean it have speed limiter?
    of course she did not take long to achieve 160.... unlike my previous vista 145+is almost impossible....
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    What's the point in this. A good old 2 stroke Yamaha can beat every other car in India off the traffic signal. An auto rickshaw can beat the shit out of any car in an office time city traffic.

Evey vehicle has a time and place for it's effective use. At highway speeds, where the MJD will be in it's power band, it will be difficult for other hatches to match that acceleration.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    well said. I face the same situation with my bike, a Kawasaki Eliminator 175. At speeds of 40-50kmph, every other two wheeler runs circles around me, but take the speed to 70kmph and beyond, every one else falls back and I am all alone.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It all depends on the way you drive in the correct gear, and with the correct tire pressure, But again Punto is a PUNTO it goes vrrrrooooooooooooooom :car
  9. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    To prove the above fact do it the top gear way... 'Drag race' or track time.. :D
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    true very true..it is slower than linea t-jet. :p