1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance of Punto MJD versus others

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vikastwister, Sep 11, 2010.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    To my observation on my 90hp, it takes just 5-6 seconds probably to boost up to a good speed from very slow say 10-20. So i do not know why people complain about this lag as big issue as if we are on a drag track!! :confused:

But i really really gets pissed the drag engine suffers when AC is put on. The more speed the blower is, the more engine cries. :(
    1 person likes this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

LOL. Blower speed has nothing to do with load on engine. Compressor ON/OFF status has something to do with the engine load.

You should probably know that in ACC systems, when set to FULLY AUTO high blower speed means compressor on.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep sorry for the typo error. I meant that when fully ON, the car gets very loaded and it crawls.
  4. When the engine is at its optimum temp even with ac on you wont find much of difference.
    On the other hand in cars like santro, swift, esteem as did impact the acceleration.
    Ps: these are just my views after having driven these cars at varying conditions..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ The Punto and Linea has the compressor through clutch bases system and not directly driven by the belts. Hence the feel of the load on the engine is less compared to the cars running with the belts. The Liva I owned earlier literally struggled in the lower revs with the AC on. However, when cruising on the highway, the difference was marginal.
    2 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Zen, get your ACC checked. In March this year, when the MID was saying outside temperature was 37 degrees C and the inside temperature was easily 5 degrees hotter, it took no more than 2 mins for the car to cool down to tolerable limits. If you are feeling your car crawling, in the current climate in Bangalore, then either there is something seriously wrong with your ACC, or you have set your ACC to 16 degrees or both.

Rajan
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,
    I guess i should paint the picture here.

Yep you rightly guessed it. I switched on AC, the temp was set to 16 (i rarely use AC) and i set it to fully on mode. So in this mode, the air blowing is at max, the temperature cooling is at max (lower temp wise) and suddenly i felt pushing the A peddle harder, the car started to struggle. At one point, taking over a hump in 1st gear got a bit difficult (had to crank 2 times) coz i was already in speed 20 and slowed much lower to pass on the hump. That time the AC was as said above and perhaps i am not used to the AC mode driving styles hence i tend to act normally and peddled and thus it got off twice.

May be ill try again and check on this, but on normal roads with AC on and temp set to around 21-23 mode with less air blowing i do not face the engine crying.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    So, you were doing less than 20 kmph, the blower was set to max, the temp set to 16 degrees, A/C was on, the car struggled and stalled.

Hope you have understood what was wrong.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I had to drive in 20 coz of the narrow bad road condition plus population crises on this road. So no option on the speed there. Yes mistake was to set all max. Will tweak my AC driving style tho ;)
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Guess not !!!