1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance of Punto MJD versus others

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vikastwister, Sep 11, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sure why not......
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Then, why does T-Jet is not outselling other cars in the same segment? It has got power, smoothness, blah blah..
    Lets not discuss about why Fiat is not selling well in this thread. We are discussing this to death in so many other threads as well.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I cant believe it.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    One of my friend having an i20 CRDI was telling me that engine noise inside the cabin is less in punto while idling . I have not personally made a side by side comparison.
  5. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    "Phew" bhai just do not want to get in to arguments. But I just do not get that the term "drag" race. Is it 0-100 meters or 0-1000 meters or 0-10000 meters. Definitely Punto is not for 0-100 meter race. But I think the drag race for a car should be 0-1000 meters or more and I assure you Punto is not second to none in its segment. I would say for a CAR to say fast, the distance should be enough to take out the complete juice of your car and you should be able to sustain that performance for some time. I think again PUNTO is a great car in this segment. I am from Noida and have experience this mentality many times that who is faster. And even when Alto K10 came to market people started bashing Punto, that K10 is faster in drag race. Look only the first and two gears in Punto are short. Thats why rest of the cars have upper hand in 0-100 meter drag race. But due to this short gearing only Punto is very easy to drive in very steep slopes upward and most of swifts and i20 face some issues once they are out of there power band. And from third gear onwards Punto actually flies. I have taken all these three cars to Uttrakhand and faced the issues. Overtaking with Punto from standstill in mountains is very easy.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bro firstly drags are held for a minimum distance of 750 metres. We conduct drags of a complete km so the potential is fully exercised. And sorry to disappointed u but it's very hard to recover when u fall back in the initial 100-200 metres. And please remember if punto gathers momentum after a few metres even the rest do the same.
    If u have reservations then let's meet up at greater noida and have a little drag meet, I'll b more than glad to participate and clear ur doubts
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Phew paaji.. which one do you love more.. your punto or your i20 :p
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, where are we "dragging" this thread to???

Our cars are plain jane economy cars. Getting them to the drags etc is just not what they were meant to do. They are meant to cruise. And FIATs definitely won't be winning any short drags, courtesy that truck like first gear. ( Truck like because it is very short)

For drags i suggest you get a Supra with a sick-ass 2JZ-GTE in it making some 800+ hp at the wheels. :)
    2 people like this.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I prefer my zen over all our cars, easy to move around, park and the best car to push the autorickshaws around in bumper to bumper traffic.

Gurjinder : y stop at that.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I feel something strongly.. just cant resist saying it here
    people who drive multiple cars frequently are not able to extract the best performance out of their Fiat's.
    This opinion of mine is based on the various forum posts that I have been reading for quite some time..

And it's just my observation with no offence mean't to anyone!! I might be wrong too..

What say people? Do you feel the same or ....

I am expecting different replies from
    1. people who always drive a fiat and
    2. people who interchange cars frequently..
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011