1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Performance filters are dangerous for the engine!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by drifter, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    I know why I started this thread.

The reason for this thread is not just one. There is people here who have used this test in one way or another to prove something that the test never brought out. Therefore I have more than enough reason to start it.

To add to it more irrelevant links came up.

And what is general accepted as gospel, which was spouted by a number of posters in this very thread had no more value than waffle. All the ones who attack me come up with 'ifs', 'I believe', 'I think' etc.

No proof, only opinions. If have no problem with opinions, but turning opinions into make believe facts is outright wrong.

Do you think you guys are the first ones I deal with? Do you know how many people I have invited to come to see me at work in my life? The ones who actually took my invitation have seen that there is much more to it.

I do not accept any less than proof and this was the main point of the thread. This is the reason why it is in hangout and not anywhere else.

I can change title to any subject. The people defending the cobbled together rubbish churned out, will defend it to the core just because it is their opinion.

Why not raising the level? Most of the threads are like what I heard about the daily soaps. You are not asking me to be enthused about it, are you?

Some people told me quite frankly I shouldn't bother. They asked me why I would feed swines with pearls?

Is this the level you want to be?

Or do you want to progress to a technical level that is actually the reality?

At the end of the day, I have the know how, I earn my money with it and have earned it. Whether the majority of you guys want to get practical know how or not does not make the slightest difference for my life. I have left enough forums. I do not regret leaving a single one of them. And when I make the decision not to support this forum anymore I won't regret this either. I don't give a damn fr what people say about me. They do it anyway.

There is a lot of people here who want to be men. My advise is to be it not just wanting to. It has got to do with attitude.

Feel free to close this thread.

The ones who realise what the reality is about are in contact with me and will get my advise on other channels.
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have No Idea What this Bitog is ,never heard of it and Dont know What drifter has to do with it.

I am bit DIY type guy and love it as a leisure more than celebrity news, chit chat and gossips. I have been looking for something which directs me to improve upon my rides but only thing I heard everywhere is "India is dust capital" "paper filters are ultimate" "performance filters are make of fraudsters" "Buy petes box" or "Import from US"

This Thread with such a title definitly attracted me very much..

I have literally quite another forum just because 70 percent of masses says unequivocally that "anything more than paper filters wont be tolerated " .remaining 30 percent havent even heard of Airfilter.
    So I prevented myself from further quest in that forum. Now it seems here too is situation of simile .
    One of the most famous forums in India is not at all interested in me. so that at least I can put up my queries-wonderful experience of this free internet.

It is embarrassing to note the words one typed spending 5-10 minutes were considered nonsense hence deleted or moderated.
    even though it maybe a part of articulating logic or conclusions which may take some shape or other in near future.

I wonder What do I make out from these start a new Blog or new website ? I wonder Why most of us run out of patience so quickly!
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok this is begging for my attention now..
    ALL YOU guys have been lamenting about filters all the while, I re-read the posts
    Where is the answer to italia-linea's photos?? (looks like its been avoided)

Point 2::
    Many of us have come up with links/ videos and pics that may or may not be the only cause of engine damage , I WILL AGREE TO THIS.
    However where is the proof from you're end that IT HAS NOT DAMAGED engines.
    I see no pics not a video nor any tests..

If there was a test from you're end i think this topic would have been accepted as the best debate and closed in under 3-4 posts rather than becoming a page 3 topic.
    We have tried to discuss with as much idea we have with facts (to some extent) it may not be accepted by you , that's a debate that we are ready to face but where is the stuff from you?
    Looks like all here are keyboard warriors only,aye???

I dont mind if you call my links propaganda, fair enough but where is the effort from you're end to prove us all wrong rather than simply telling us we are.
    Dont you think/feel perhaps if you could provide concrete proof yourself that nothing is going to happen that we might buy you're statement?
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Have Italia-linea's car gone Kaput ? he only said he got mixed opinions if my memory is right.

I dont know Unless if I don't try it at least from where does proof comes?
    I am Not on a war ,Neither interested in any kind of war.I dont see any point in logical games of like "which one came first the egg or the hen ?"

I am going to try some different kind of filter and see the difference and that is not to bring out proof about which is black and which is white rather it would be out of my own
    (or others who are interested) interests and my own satisfaction.

For that I am looking forward to experts advice those, who are willing do give their ideas (not those experts whom want to suppress in first 3 posts) , in regard to reason why Performance filters are more efficient and how to improve our rides.

I would'nt be the one to reject a car due to fear of Indian dust, if I found out that new Fiat car had a cotton gauze filter instead of paper filter and it boasts of better fuel efficiency with shorter service intervals.

If any one out there has some courtesy please do come forward and advice. I cannot do it through emails or telephone but through open forums like these so please bear me for a while ,with time more people will read the contents and try to express their views but closing down the tread next day is something like homicide.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Firstly , let me put a disclaimer that its not a "We against them" .

I dont support Peter for putting BOLD Comments shouting off what he thinks right as being justified. If there is a point each one can put it. No need to Shout it ! (Iam not a moderator. The moderators know the rules to be followed, so not taking this any further). If something is factual it is , Shouting it will not make it any more True or factual than it already is.

theBlack - i just read your above comment and couldn't resist being amused and remember an incident from one of our conference trips. Every Event we have 40 odd people traveling in a bus with the coordinator doing a head-count to check if all have boarded the bus. So , each name is called and the person has to just raise hand to say yeah i m here. This is very common and simple procedure to ensure no ones missed out. One such trip , there was a wise guy from the group who shouted out hey its taking too long to shout out all 50 odd names . Why not just ASK THE PERSON WHO IS NOT IN THE BUS TO SHOUT OUT HIS NAME . SIMPLE AND FASTER WAY , ISNT IT ?? :mrgreen:

So, i guess it would be very simple for anyone to post videos to prove that engines not damaged. :D

The Engine thats running healthy is an engine that is not damaged . Isn't the car running the proof of the Engine not damaged?::pP
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like this entire post fiasco has made everyone a tad bit slim towards general outlook.
    Fastlove, what I mean is to say that when someone comes up with a fact or no fact discussion they should have documents to prove they are right, just the way I posted my links (of what I believed to be true) If that is wrong then we can have a debate over it and resolve (i'm not saying my link was perfect in every sense nor am i saying I AM CORRECT).

But a debate should be on facts from both sides..
    Just to get myself some more sleep.. I"m going to say if you really think this is what I meant then I rest my case boss.

Ditto.

PS:: at the end of it looks like many of us are going to turn into enemies than friends ;-)
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Regarding MAF sensor going kaput, I have noticed oil and greasy things reaching almost up to throat of filter box wont they clog those sensors ?
    I am sure greasy thing is not failure of air filter.
    and my Bike with foam filter also remains drenched in, Oil I am not sure if it have sensors inside as it is carb engine.

The Black,What is this enemity you are talking about, I have been noticing weird aggression from your end from start. we have some intelligence right ?
    typing couple of things does not need to make us grudge on each other. If you have some doubts then go ahead request mods to close this thread.
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Interesting point you've made (Yes i'm being condescending here). Please read from start to finish then you will know if I've been aggressive or I've been made to talk aggressively..

I thought the smiley at the end would have actually told you all what I was referring to, anyway it was just something i call 'light humor'.

Anyway you guys can go on with this .. I'm out of this for good now.
  9. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

Bangalore
    Mods Note - Post Deleted.
    Please restraint the language in public forum.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.