1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Perforation in Tuscan Wine Punto :(:(

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Nikhil Goel, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

My car got perforated at boot and right front fender.
    Today I went to Rachna Motors delhi, The Manager over there inspected the car himself and took the pictures of the perforation. He said this will come under perforation warranty and will be re painted after getting approval.
    I just want to know can these parts be replaced or I have to be patient with re paint. do not what happened to my Punt's. If anyone can provide me FIAT's emailID I would like to give the feedback and want to confirm about the replacement.
    Below are the pics attached.
    DSCN5108.jpg DSCN5106.jpg DSCN5107.jpg DSCN5104.jpg DSCN5109.jpg
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thats bad to see. Is it perforation or paint chipping off? How old is the car?

I had a small dent where the paint had chipped out and started rusting, the SC just gave it a brush touch up.

3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  4. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

My car is only 1 year old. I am not criticizing the paint quality.
    It happens in other cars as well. The only thing is if FIAT replaces my parts then its fine for me and I want to give this feedback to FIAT.
  5. what about linea owners
    has anyone spotted similar things in linea
    I ll thoroughly check my linea tomorrow.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Perforation & peel off is common in Tuscan Wine.
    I had seen brand new linea which had got big area of peel off on rear bumper
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Follow Nitin's thread, and see how he handled the situation.

I am not sure if its common, otherwise we would have everybody reporting this. At-least I don't have this problem in my Punto.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Very sad to see the rusting. It looks like chip off. I had checked my car and could not find any symptoms. My car is 6 months old and it is Bronzo.

I had a deep cut on the running body line, will have it painted this week.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Bhai.. I own a TW punto.. No problems so far (touch wood). Even I agree to the fact that FIAT should improve their quality checks on the painting part. I had worked for some time in the Ford Factory long back and I have seen the whole painting process starting from the Pre-primer coating dip tank and they give around 2-3 different coating before the paint job which ensures that the paint does not rust . I think this would be the process in all manufacturing plants.
  10. doer

doer Timido

I have same problem with my Tuscan Wine Linea. There is Rusting found on door frame where due to some small dent color went off leaving iron body exposing to rain. Spot is almost inch long. Additionally i have doubt about the paint quality as have deep white scratchs on bonnet with crow shits which were cleaned after watering for 10 mins. With recent experience got 2 big scratchs on real door due to brush with small plant near office (Branch was not thicker than gel pen refill.