1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pegasus - My BNW T-Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Rajan, I haven't been able to find it anywhere conclusively, so asking. but if I am not wrong, yours is the Linea with cruise control, right? How did you manage to do it and with what costs? Can it be done on an MJD?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Please read details here. Maybe you did not look in the DIY section :D

Trial and research is on for the MJD, but inconclusive yet.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I did go through DIY, for I guess I had found a reference to CC by you in that very section I guess, oh yes, somewhere in the thread about LED.. but my bad I didn't find what you just linked me up with.. :)
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    During the recent North Karnataka drive, I had a minor brush with a Santro, which resulted in a dented left side fender. Thankfully, there was no paint damage. I approached a couple of body shops, who quoted around the 3K mark for denting and repainting the whole fender. I was worried about colour match. Then I was pointed to Dinesh, who apparently does paintless dent removal, by DRIV3R. Pictures of his work posted in another forum looked impressive. So, I decided to give it a try.

Before:

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

After:
    DSC00428.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

He also removed another dent I had on the right rear door, made by a shopping trolley in the mall basement parking. All for just 1.3 K. I would recommend him any day for minor dents, without paint damage. He also does paint work, but does not have a proper paint booth, so results are unknown.

From there headed to Millivisions to get the tyres balance, aligned and rotated. After hitting an unexpected speed breaker in triple digit speeds during the recent North Karnataka drive, there was vibration in the steering wheel, very pronounced between 60 kmph and 80 kmph speeds. Govind felt there might be damage to the tyres. When we removed the wheels, I was in for a rude shock. Both front rims were badly bent. We tried to source two rims, but it was not available in such short notice. So, we decided to get these rims corrected and mount them in the rear wheels. But the good news in Pirelli P5 is now available in 195/60 R15 for ₹5,500 a piece. Awesome tyres, they are.

All in all, got the dents removed and now the steering vibration is also gone. Special thanks to DRIV3R for being with me all day.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Here are some pics I clicked with my mobile.

uploadfromtaptalk1385225990721.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1385226003617.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1385226021536.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1385226032901.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1385226044677.jpg

Sorry no pics of the door before work commenced.

Highly recommended place for PDR for the cost involved. The surface would not be blemishless as a brand new panel for obvious reasons though. Also the cost depends on the damage and varies from car to car. :)

Met the proprietor of Millivisions too, he was very kind and knowledgeable and not head heavy like some other person from an outlet I frequent now. Planning to try Millivisions for all tyre needs from now on.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Would you please give details of Dinesh and where to get in touch with him.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hosur Road, towards Hosur, Pillar number 48 there is a small road to the left. To take that you have to be in the service lane, then again take a left and in few meters in your right, you have the place, Trend Automobiles.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    When Rajiv of WolfMoto was here, we opened my ECU and tried to take a dump, but were unsuccessful. The ECU was not sealed back since then and I was driving around that way, hoping it would not rain. Last night I returned home late and left the car parked on the road.

Today, I decided to seal the ECU back as well as do routine battery maintenance, fluid level check and engine bay cleaning. So, parked the car in the driveway and popped open the hood. I was in for a rude shock. There was a nice fat rat inside the bonnet lid. Luckily, no chewed up wires, no damage, except the part of the sound deadener in the bonnet lid was missing. A few taps on the bonnet lid got the rat running for cover and thanks to my dogs, was chased away quite a distance.

Never ever park the car on the road again - no matter how late I come back home. Lesson learnt. I have to now order a new liner for the bonnet lid. Opened the ECU, applied silicone sealant and sealed properly. Also topped up battery with distilled water, cleaned the engine bay, checked fluid levels. All is well now.

Sorry about the pic being OoF. Was not wearing my glasses and did not realize

WP_000000.jpg

This is the brain of the car, for those that are curious

WP_000001.jpg

Silicone sealant

WP_000002.jpg

Dispenser gun

WP_000003.jpg

Engine bay when I finished

WP_000004.jpg

Now to treat the engine bay with a bit of peppermint oil, just in case the rat decides to come back. Also, will be parking in the drive way, with my dogs guarding the car, so I doubt if the rat will come back :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    ST micro pumping the heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk