1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pegasus - My BNW T-Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore

can't locate the bend :) it may be the the camera angle which is misleading!
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams,
    beside the brake disc

- - - Merged Post - - -

the same on my punto( highligted )

IMG_20130825_120345.jpg
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Passenger side wheel well done. There is no wiring for Brake Wear sensor. Not sure what it will take, but have it on my list of projects. Will time it to coincide with brake pad replacement. Looking at the wear now, looks like it is going to take quite a while to do that :D

@Ganges - Are you referring to the plate that looks curved, on the inside of the disc? I think that is by design.

@sunnyboi - hope one of these pictures clear your hunch
    IMG_1076.jpg IMG_1077.jpg IMG_1078.jpg IMG_1079.jpg IMG_1080.jpg IMG_1082.jpg IMG_1083.jpg IMG_1084.jpg

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah Rajan,
    the same thing.
    As you pointed out,may be the design is in that way.

Thanks for the pics,now i can see how butterfly brake pad sits.
    When i ordered brake pads from 99rpm,ordered it for new model(actual required was peacock model :D ),then gave a call to pankaj from 99rpm,he too agreed this new and old model is really confusing to everyone,finally i got a replacement.For me now to understand the brakepads model i named it as Butterfly and peacock :)
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  5. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Thanks Rajan. I guess you can upgrade to brembos :D your caliper takes the same pads as mine

Is it possible to give a shot of the caliper from the back? Want to check for the distance between bolts which will mount caliper onto the knuckle joint.

Weird thing is these pads are cheaper than Fiat OEM pads :|

Ge3Onaf.jpg
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Brake wear indicator.

ZomboDroid29082013110758.jpg
    3 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You caught me out man. The plan was to upsize to 17" OZ Racing alloys, 205/50 R17 tyres, Brembo Max Discs, Brembo Painted Calipers and Brembo pads :D. I am done with the front wheels and am in no mood to take the wheel off again. Will be doing the rear wheels today and can take a pic as requested, but the rear discs are smaller. Will try if I can get a pic of the front wheel, without taking the tyre off.

Thanks for the confidence in my abilities, Gurjinder. Certainly can be done, but not so sure about the utility. For starters, it is just on one pad on the driver side wheel. It comes into play maybe once in 2 years / 40 K Kms. Nothing a regular visual inspection cannot reveal. Not as if the brake pads are going to wear off abruptly. Might be useful to have for people who just drive and rely on FASS for all their fault finding and detailers to do all their cleaning. Personally, for me, I feel it is not so important to have.

Having said that, when I upgrade to Brembos, I might just do it, because I can :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Awesome. Glued to watch the progress; please share the details of the rotors and pads for the front wheel!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh no. Looks like I was not clear. I am not doing this upgrade now. I will be doing it, when it is time to change my tyres / brake pads.
    The car has now doe only 15600 kms in 1 year and 3 days. So, we are looking at atleast another year, if not more :D

Rear wheel done. Strangely, the rear pads are a lot more thinner than the front. Guess, it is by design as they only provide 30% of the braking power.

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Vapour trap also got a good cleaning

IMG_1088.jpg

Experts, any idea what these pipes are?

IMG_1089.jpg

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rajan, first time am coming across this vapor trap. Is it specific to the T-Jet? Ideally any car should have it but I do not remember seeing one in the Punto.