1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pegasus - My BNW T-Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    The first pic is wallpaper material :)
  2. whats in a name!! my girl calls my GP MJD Lucifer!
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Finally, 255 days from the day the car was delivered, almost to the minute, this came up on the MID:

WP_000343.jpg

Been only getting better with time. Managed to maintain with just two minor scratches, so far. Considering B'lore traffic conditions, that is quite an achievement :D

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Rajan,
    Got a chance to go through your thread, fantastic and well explained in all respects.
    CONGRATULATIONS on possessing the best thing to ride on.
    Since you've posted today, I could not hold myself to congratulate you.
    I'd been riding my "SnowLeopard" since 28th March 2012 and takes me home on country roads.
    Drive Safe.
    S A SHAH 240420136366.jpg
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    With all the DIYs, work pressures and multiple visits to hospitals, cleaning of the car had taken the back bench. So last evening I looked at the car and thought to myself - "I am going to clean and shine that car tomorrow, no matter what". I think I said that aloud, else there is no way Murphy would have heard it :D . No more than 10 minutes after I make that decision, I get a call from a very close friend announcing that he is arriving from Hubli, with family by the early morning train.

So, I left home at 6:00 AM, picked them up from the railway station, drove them to Electronic City and then to Lingarajapuram. After dropping them off, by the time I got back home, it was 2:00 PM. After lunch, I drowned the desire to take a nap and got to work on the car. It turned out to be a nice family time, as my wife and our namesake foster daughter pitched in. Here are the results:

WP_000427.jpg

WP_000428.jpg

WP_000429.jpg

WP_000430.jpg

WP_000431.jpg

OT: Was showing off how the cruise control works to my friend on outer ring road. We were cruising at 60, when a Ritz with a tad too much upsized tyres honked furiously and overtook us at least at 80+, only to be pulled over by the interceptor, watching with radars. We cruised past them, still at 60 and I was grinning ear to ear :D :D

End of this post, I am unsure what made me the happiest - A shiny car, family pitching in, or CC saving me some money. I guess all of them added up. All in all turned out to be a very great day, after all.
    Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    4 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I decided to take off the wheels and do a thorough cleaning of the wheel wells, yesterday. I also wanted to take the opportunity to check the health of the shocks, Brake discs and brake pads. (Honestly, I was curious to see if the brake pad wear sensor wiring was in place :D)

After 15,500 kms and 2 days shy of 1 year, this is what she looks like:

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Not sure if it is my driving style or quality of components used. With mostly city driving, I was expecting more wear than this.

Bottomline, I am happy :dance

Rajan
    7 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    You missed out a point sir.
    Brake wear sensor. Please update us.

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Do you have a picture of the front brake pads? Or atleast the brake pad edges on the calipers? I have a hunch which I want to clear :D
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I know buddy. I could not finish all the wheels. The search is on. Results will be posted here once conclusive.

Not sure what you are looking for buddy. Could you take a picture in you car of what you want to see and I will post an identical picture of mine. I have more wheels to do :D.I am not so young and jacking up the car, taking the wheel off and scrubbing all the 1 year old crap off the wheel well is back breaking work. I am taking Thursday and Friday off, so I can do one wheel a day (have too many days earned leave, which will only lapse).

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Rajan,
    i too have the same kind of bent in the front disc(last pic from the above post),dont know how it came up,any idea of the cause ?
    Recently when i had brake pads changed i asked my mechanic to do some greasing to the moving parts.