1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pegasus - My BNW T-Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Rajan,
    I have noticed the total KMs done reading blinking some times on my Punto 90HP (only recently) and did not see/notice any issue as such because of it. I have been on long trips (more than 1000 KMs) and driven close to 3K Kms after noticing this and have not felt/noticed any issue because of this.
    Regarding the bottom scraping if its a normal scrape and not a thud/bang of the bottom i dont think there is a need to worry about it, though my Punto 90 HP havent scraped any speed breakers thanks to its increased ground clearance. However i would suggest a visual inspection to see if there is any serious impact.
    The engine compartment is anyways protect by a protection plate (at least i see it in my Punto 90HP).

I am not sure of the rattling noice that you mentioned.

FYI, this is my personal experience and am not an expert about automobiles (this is my First car, although have been noticing and discussing about cars of friends etc) :)

Expert members comment and shed some light on this please.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The blinking issue might be due to a weak battery too. Please get the battery check to see if its is in good shape.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought that the battery only powers the car when the engine is not running. The moment the engine is cranked, the alternator takes over the job of powering the car and also charging the battery. If this understanding is correct, then I do not believe it is a battery issue.

When I unlock the car and open the door, the ODO does not blink, though it is powered just by the battery. When I turn the key to MAR, the ODO still does not blink, though it is still powered just by the battery in addition to all other components. The ODO starts blinking only when I crank the engine. I have not seen any other tell tale symptoms of weak battery, like difficulty in cranking, headlights dimming when idling, etc.

I have read in another thread that something called proxy alignment needs to be done. Can any knowledgeable members throw some light on what this process involves and how critical is this to get it done right away? Can this wait till I come back from the Tirupathi Trip this weekend or is it serious enough to warrant it being done before the trip? Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Rajan
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I have noticed the blinking in my TJet also from time to time. I have never bothered with it because it goes away on its own.
    There is a thread somewhere here discussing this. Will add it here if I find it.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Came back this morning from Tirupathi, first long distance highway drive. Really hard to drive this car sedately :D

Climbed the hill easily and made the descent appear even easier. Since the car had less than 2000 km on the ODO, tried to keep the revs under 2500. Did cross that mark a couple of times, albeit just for a few seconds. Had set the speed limit to 140 and was really not expecting it to go off, but it did go off and WOW!!! never felt I was doing 140.

Milage according to MID - 17.1 KMPL

All in all really enjoyed the drive.

Rajan

PS: Sorry, no photos and not planning to write a travelogue either. Logging this info here, just for records :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys, how on earth are you getting 17.1 kmpl. Mine does not go over 10.2 kmpl!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Don't worry Johy! If your drive mainly is in and around the city limits, this is good enough. Even I am stuck at 10.5 kmpl for the first 3.5k kms. But the sole highway drive (Delhi to Agra on the newly opened Yamuna Expressway - absolutely sane driving with no sudden acceleration or braking) resulted in me hitting the magical figure of 16kmpl for the 400-odd km return journey with lots of idling and traffic in Agra city. Take the jet out to experience the highways, hold the urge to put pedal to the metal and see the magic!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    It's a combination of riding the torque peaks (around 2-2.2k rpm), and maintaining speeds between 80 and 100 consistently.

Add to that some gentle downward slopes, and voila - improved MID figures. I recently touched 18.x on a highway.
    Easier said than done. However, I don't like to lug the engine like that. It's almost impossible infact... this beast needs to be revved.

You can forget these kind of figures in the city though. 10.x is infact very good if that is where you drive most of the time.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am confused. How can riding the torque peaks at 80-100 kmph be lugging the engine?

Just attempted a eye candy makeover. Bought a sheet of silver finish vinyl sticker. Not fully satisfied with the finish, but it does look nice :D

WP_000207.jpg

Rajan
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just got back from spending an evening with a dear friend, who was instrumental in my buying this beauty. It has been three months and a bit and today was the first time he got to see the car and also take her for a spin. Needless to say, he was floored :D

Few pictures:

Linea1.jpg

Linea2.jpg

Linea3.jpg

Rajan
    3 people like this.