1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pegasus - My BNW T-Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks.
    It is a Bianchi Sport Cross. It is a 8 speed Hybrid. Added that just because both are Italian :D

I use it to commute to work sometimes and for the casual weekend rides. Not in the league of serious competition or racing :)

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The Italian with a Greek name goes to Egypt :)

I was itching to get on the highway, but my wife was having difficulties wearing the seat belt and more importantly, her hand was hurting every time I went over a speed bump.

Today, my wife was very bored and she was really desperate to get out of the house. Since the maid was off to her native, I had the option of cooking or taking my wife out for lunch. I really did not want to get into the city traffic. So we decided to head out towards Kolar and have lunch at Confident Amoon resort. The place is ~ 32 kms from where I live. Living on the city outskirts does have advantages. I will be out of the city in less than 5 minutes. No maddening traffic to make the drive stressful, even before it starts.

I had just finished cleaning Pegasus. Since the water at our place is hard and really washing the car with mineral water is not an option, I have adapted this strategy.

Every morning, I first run the Jopasu brush to get rid of all the loose dirt settled on the car. I have made a solution of Armorall Ultra Shine Wash&Wax shampoo and bottled water and filled up a spray bottle. I spray this solution on, scrub with the wash mitt, then wipe with a wet microfibre towel followed by a wipe with a dry microfibre towel. I am getting really good results. I have not yet washed the car with the hose even once since I bought her on 27th August, though it did rain a couple of times and this is how she looks now:

WP_000099.jpg

I do plan on get her professionally washed and detailed once a month, so I feel I am doing my bit to conserve water :D

Getting back to today, we got into Pegasus and headed towards Kolar. Since she has clocked less that 1000 kms, I kept the revs at 17K - 21K range. I did push once to 25K, but that was just for a couple of seconds. Confident's Amoon resort is a very nice and quiet place. The food is reasonably good. A bit pricey though. But the drive was certainly worth it. Wife was not discomforted even one bit and believe me when I say that driving the T-Jet on the highway is like meditation. It is pure driving Nirvana. I was doing a constant 80 - 100 and it felt as if I was just doing 40. The one time I pushed the A pedal to 25K RPM, to get rid of a pesky Alto, the car just surged forward effortlessly. Bliss :D

I will let the pictures complete the story:

The 60 foot tall statue welcoming you inside the resort:
    WP_000108.jpg
    The NILE restaurant
    WP_000100.jpg

WP_000101.jpg
    Walkway outside the restaurant
    WP_000102.jpg

WP_000103.jpg
    Inside the restaurant
    WP_000104.jpg
    The convention hall
    WP_000105.jpg
    The Gym
    WP_000106.jpg
    Ford Stretch Limo parked in the Driveway
    WP_000107.jpg
    Finally, the mandatory vital statistics
    Amoon Trip.jpg

Cheers,

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey patchyboy, nice post. Can you please explain the opening lines. I mean what is the relation between hand getting hurt and speed bump?

Do you mean that the left arom or elbow was striking against the door when going over speed bump?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Two bones in her left hand are fractured and her hand is in a cast, preventing her from using the arm rest. So, she keeps a cushion on her lap and rests her hand on the cushion. Whenever I go over a speed bump, her hand bounces on the cushion and makes it painful for her. Only solution is to lift her hand up and hold it in mid-air when the car goes over humps, which is really not feasible, given the frequency of speed bumps in Bangalore :A

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    First milestone reached last night when driving home:

WP_000114.jpg

Enjoying every moment. As a matter of fact I have started taking a longer route to work - about 4 kms extra, one way - just for the sake of being able to drive extra few minutes

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lovely pics friend! Last time when I was returning from Tirupati saw this Confident Amoon resort! Wanted to check with someone about the place! Wow! This is why I love TFI! How was the place and food ??

Impressive mileage buddy!
  7. Rajan Sir-Get Alloys for your Pegasus ASAP.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @punto_emtion - the place is really nice and peaceful. Service is also quite good. The food is good, but nothing extra-ordinary. I especially like the Mutton Biryani. The meat was really tender and tasted fresh and not like frozen and thawed meat. It is quite a good place to meet up with friends and hangout, have a family day out or a team day out.

@ferrari1234 - The alloys are definitely on the wish-list. I want the same alloys as found on Linea Monte Bianco. Found a similar design with Borbet. However not too sure about 17" as it may not look too good without lowering or skirts, which is not a real possibility in India. So, I am more inclined to get 16" in that design. However, as I have already crossed 1000 kms on the OE tyres, may not be worth much. So planning on upsizing after at least 20 K kms. With the plans I have in mind, I think it would be a matter of 6 months, if not sooner :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Finally, I was able to open the strip beneath the wipers and clean the area inside of all the rotting leaves / flowers. Realized 2 things - 1. There are drain vents beneath, which allow any water entering this channel during rain / wash to drain off 2. Ideally, such debris collected in this area can be washed off with a hose through the vents on the top, without having to open these strips.

The engine bay also got a round of cleaning, while I was at it :D

WP_000118.jpg
    WP_000119.jpg
    WP_000120.jpg
    WP_000121.jpg

Before pictures can be found here

Cheers,

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

I am planning on a trip to Tirupathi this Saturday - 6th October 2012. I have the following niggles, that I have noticed through my 1 month of ownership of the T-Jet. Request the veterans to let me know if any of them are serious and warrant a visit to the service center, before the first long highway drive on the T-Jet

1. The ODO reading blinks off and on. The total kms done blinks during some drives and stops blinking on its own again.
    2. When I hit a rough patch, I can hear a rattle from the dashboard - I think it is from the central console - where the ICE and ACC are housed. Strangely, this noise is audible only when I have a passenger. If I am alone in the car, then it is super silent.
    3. I managed to scrape the bottom once on one of the famous Bangalore Speed breakers. Haven't heard any strange noises post the scrape, but should I be worried?

Here is what I usually carry in the car during Highway drives:

1. Battery operated air pump
    2. Tubeless repair kit
    3. The manufacturer's tool kit, of course
    4. First Aid kit

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for the help.

Rajan