1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pegasus - My BNW T-Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My wife named her Pegasus. I know it is a male name and we both think of the car as female. We decided to keep gender considerations out, like Donald Duck :D (Should have been Donald Drake, isn't it?)

At the outset, thanks to all TFIains in helping me make decisions. I am not going to bore you with details of a list of cars I considered before zeroing in on the T-Jet. There were none. Period.

I wanted the Linea T-Jet and only the Linea T-Jet.

I made the booking on 12th August, did a PRI at the dealer's yard on 14th August and was hoping to get delivery on 16th or 17th August. Then the problems started. First, I have to travel on business for a week. Then when I returned to Bangalore, I found out that there was some issue with the documents given to the financier. Name and address were not legible on the Electricity bill :A

So, provided another copy and all was done. 25th August the money was released. I had agreed with the dealer that they would send the car for registration on 27th and I will take delivery on the 29th or 30th. That was not to be the case. My wife met with a small accident on the evening of 25th and ended up with 2 of her metacarpals in her left hand fractured and I was truly handicapped with no means of personal transport. The location I live was of no help. No access to public transport.

Full marks to Prerana Motors. Not only did they get the car registered on Monday, 27th August, but they also went the extra mile and brought the car over to my office and delivered it to me. Much appreciated guys.

The car itself is awesome. Finally took her back to the dealership yesterday to get the number plate and other agreed upon accessories. Got the sill plates and reverse parking sensor (on IRVM with distance and voice) fitted. My wife cannot stop giggling when the voice goes "Stop,Stop,Stop". The colour match of the sensors was perfect. Mr. Saikumar of Prerana motors took the initiative to give the car a complimentary wash. Thank you Sir.

Upgrade of B&M to 5.6 and installation of eco: Drive was seamless. Even though I had half a tankful, decided to top up just to see what the fuel efficiency is. The MID claims 10.3 KMPL and FuelDiary on my Windows Phone says it is 10.09 KMPL. I am pleased with these figures as I know that this will only go up with more usage, specifically after first service. BTW, message reader works seamlessly with Windows Phone.

A few pictures:

WP_000084.jpg
    WP_000081.jpg
    WP_000080.jpg
    WP_000098.jpg
    WP_000097.jpg
    WP_000096.jpg
    WP_000094.jpg
    WP_000093.jpg
    WP_000092.jpg
    WP_000090.jpg
    WP_000089.jpg
    WP_000085.jpg

Cheers,

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    9 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Patchyboy. Nice photos of your TJet alongside Bianchi. You also a member at BikeZone forum?
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, PatchyBoy. Explore and enjoy your Pegasus.:)
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats PatchyBoy. Enjoy your TJet & Drive safe. By the way what is your TJet's wheel size, is it 16 inch or 15 inch?
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for Linea.

"I wanted the Linea T-Jet and only the Linea T-Jet." That was a direct hit to point. :)
  6. Congrats PatchyBoy! Tjet is truely a mean machine!
    Wish you happy and safe miles munching with The Jet :)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the wishes everyone.

@PaddleShifter - Yes I am and go by the same handle as here. I am only a casual cyclist though. No Training, No races for me :D
    @BoseSuman - It is 195/60 R15. I got the T-Jet, not the Plus variant.

Rajan
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Congrats and welcome to the esteemed TJet club !!!
  9. carwatcher

carwatcher

Goa
    Hi Rajan,
    Welcome to the T-Jetters club, just update the count on T-Jet owners list if not done already.:D
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the Tjet.

Enjoy driving the beautiful beast :)