1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peculiar sound while accelerating hard in Linea T jet plus

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Carpassion, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Carpassion

Carpassion Timido

Chennai
    Dear friends, Greetings to all. I have joined team fiat recently. Infact this is my first post. I own Linea T jet plus which was purchased in July2011. It has done about 7000 km. so far. Last month I noticed a peculiar sound while accelerating like Krrrrrrrrrrr
    .I did not give much importance then as it happened only on a couple of occasions. But today I drove on Chennai bypass road and I was accelerating hard in 4th gear then again I heard this sound and the engine was not accelerating and it was as if something was slipping. When I took off the pedal on accelerator the sound had gone.Is it a serious problem? Has anybody else experienced the same? I am planning to call the garage tomorrow (VST motrors) and take the vehicle.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard.

It's really difficult to know about the source of a noise online, and the dealer seems to the best bet.

Meanwhile, can you describe the noise in more detail. Does it affect the engine's performance? Etc
  3. Carpassion

Carpassion Timido

Chennai
    Thanks for a reply gurinder. When that sound was there there was a break in the acceleration. Until that time it was smooth acceleration. When I am driving in the city traffic there is no problem as there is no not need to accelerate fast. As you said it is very difficult to describe the sound online. I will post again after it has been checked by the service center.
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    To me, its sounds like an issue with the clutch. The FASS is the best bet.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have a similar issue. The krrrrrr sound started immediately after the second service. Thanks to our fellow member Sagar who recognised it. I immediately went to the service center and contacted the SA. But once I stopped the engine and started it, the sound vanished. We even went for a test drive, but it didnot come back. However, the sound is now back. I am planning to go to the Service Center next week for changing the brake pads. Will try to get this problem resloved too. I will post the experience next week.
  6. Sahil Rana

Sahil Rana Timido

Shimla
    Shimla
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Bumping an old thread.
    Just wanted to know if carpassion and N Kiran got their issues sorted out. I hav also started to notice such issue in my Tjet.
    Happens after you can hear the turbo spooling at 1500-1700 rpm, then comes this kat kat kat noise, like engine is knocking badly. This issue is non existent in higher rpms and mainly occurs when engine is under load like on an incline. When This kat kat sound happens, there is also a cut in power delivered to the wheels. When I let go the throttle at such times and downshift, the sound disappears. Notably this sound is also non existant at lower rpms like 1200-1400 rpm on the same incline and only occurs when turbo spools up at 1500-1700 rpms.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.