1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pecualiar CD ejection problem in T-JET

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by abhinit90, Sep 8, 2012.

1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Since the first time I got into the car during the PDI, I felt something was wrong, I was assured the sound emanating during the initial starting of the car is normal.

Here is when the problem occurs.
    1) When the key is inserted and rotated to MAR position(or whatever the first position is)
    2) When the key is in MAR position and is rotated to start the engine.

There is a peculiar sound emanating from the car which I hadn't been able to identify until today.

Today I just pressed the eject CD button when there was no CD in the drive and the sound occured, on pressing it for 2-3 more times the sound occurred 3-4 times in successions.

I've never run a disc in the car yet and that is why I haven't been able to identify the sound.

Can anyone help me in rectifying the problem?

Thank you in advance
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    What kind of sound is it - hissing sound or whisteling sound?

From where does it come - under the bonnet or from centre/rear of the car?
  3. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Abhinit,
    I have never noticed any such sound in my car. I always have a CD in there - its recommended to reduce the amount of dust depositing on the lens - even though I mostly listen to FM only.
    I presume the sound comes from the HU itself? If so, do you keep your HU on CD or FM mode? In case its on CD mode, the sound may be that of the HU searching for a CD. If its on any other mode, then I think there should be no sound. Will see if I can recreate it in my car.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Abk, hats off to you

it would be the lens moving around searching fir the disk
  5. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I play the music through a usb drive and I think the HU would be in CD mode only for that. I'll try inserting a disc and report on what happens.

Sound comes from the HU itself, atleast from what I can make out, it's like the winding/ unwinding action of a drive, like when a cd is ejected.

Let's see, and where's your long time pending thread?
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    no Actually i use the CD button as shorcut for media player , In my system if CD is not there from FM if i press CD button it will directly goto Media player ,
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Inserted a CD, problem gone POOF!

Another problem that I won't show the service center because they are bound to destroy some more things in order to repair one.

Thanks for the help abk1980 and speedjet, much appreciated :)
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012