1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pearl white Punto :D

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Palash Sharma, Jul 18, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Thanks for pitching in Gurjinder. It is this kind of knowledge sharing, that makes this platform a joy to participate in. You get to teach a few and in turn get to learn a lot more than what you teach.

1 person likes this.
  2. Okay guys, here is what i understood, 90HP is a bit more silent and refined at higher revs. Since the car is new, i'm not talking it above 3000rpm mark. by the way, saw it on youtube, that motorbeam guy managed to touch 0-100 in 12-13seconds in punto sport. which is very quick i believe. also from the video i noticed, the engine note was very petrol like rather than diesel like.

- - - Merged Post - - -

even i took the TD car for about 10km and i believe we both had the same 1.3 Emotion from bhaskara, and i must admit, even that car was noisy SA did try to mask the noise by increasing the audio volume but then i got it turned off to really feel the engine noise and the refinement level! Did you cross 3000 rpm or not during the test run?
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Thanks for the clarification :)
    But i thought only ECU tuning is different between 90Hp and 75Hp. Yep i already knew about the turbochargers being different. But not sure why injectors and rail preassur and few others has to be changed. Is it because the HP is changing or some other reason?

Apologies to steal your thread slight a bit.
  4. Ah, zen don't be so formal! :D So i take that tractor noise as a normal thing, right?!
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Sorry palash, i do not own 75hp. Mine is 90 and as folks here said its more refined engine and hence sound is less. Perhaps folks who got 75hp as your to be confirmed on this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

If this is your first diesel car ever, then I can understand the Multijet appearing to you as sounding tractor-like. Otherwise, it's one of the most refined diesels in the market at present - both 75 and 90. :confused
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Ok. Why not you TD other Diesel cars in the market? Figo/Polo/Vento/Sunny/Micra.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

yea palash, ram got a point. today I had to pass by figo, man they were not running on AC, but engine sound was definitely tractor. It made me look at it again in RVM.
  9. I have a Figo diesel :evilsmile! Have drive the swift siblings, have been into sunny micra indica vista vento. i found mine to be more noisy, so i'm worried. vibration is absolute 0 but noise is quite evident!
  10. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Check if some noise cladding near the engine is missing ?
    Or meet some tfian in your city and compare, else in no way can the Ford figo diesel be more silent than mjd

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2