1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pearl white Punto :D

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Palash Sharma, Jul 18, 2013.

1. BTW i noticed that the engine is quite noisy above 2200rpm, is it normal, or will it settle down after a bit of runs?
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I do not feel that sound much palash. Have revved her to 3K. Noise from inside cabin isnt that much as noisy as you might say. Just ignore the sound buddy, enjoy the drive. Dont revv her hard till the temperature needle at half position.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ya 75 hp engine is little bit noisy above 2200rpm compared to 90hp which is silent till the redline.engine will become more free as you clock more kms on your car.regarding noise i think it wont settle down after a bit of runs.experts plz comment here.
  4. Umm hmm, when windows are up, there is no noise till 2500rpm, but windows down and i hear a tractor infront of me! :D Though i have to say, with out AC the car is quite alive, very less lag. pulls cleanly after 1500rpm and there is a little positive jerk as i cross 2000rpm, thats the turbo part i believe. Well, in city the car is good, i found it better than dzire or any other diesel hatch, 1st gear is short, no problm for me, 2nd gear can pull even from 5-10Km/hr without using the clutch! pickup and acceleration is good in 2nd 3rd and higher gears, 1st gear though is very short so no question about it, it just shoots the car like an arrow. Cruising below 2000rpm is a very silent deal, no noise at all.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I drive all the time (city, Nice road) with window down. So till 3k revving i do not feel any tractor ahead of me. Yep 2k is the VGT kicking period. I just love that kick.
  6. FGT here! i have driven the Figo(said to have the most noisy engine) it felt more insulated than punto, argh! This is just so wrong, i read every where that punto is dead silent, has the best insulated cabin etc etc, all was a lie!?
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    FGT or VGT dosnt add anything to the noise AFAIK. And both models has same engine except the tuning. But please do check with other FIAT cars if you know any one near by.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    :A :A

Rajan
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Rajan,

As a senior member of this forum and having good knowledge on this car or in general cars, its ok if you educate us than banging your head and i would appreciate it. FYI, i used AFAIK. And btw i asked him check others car so as to see if some insulation problem exists in his car. Man no use banging heads. Discussions are healthy, not criticism.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Educate - Explain what you know to people who want to learn

Discussion - Everyone takes turns talking and the others LISTEN

AFAIK - An excuse to say "This is what I know, but I might be wrong"

:A :A - for the first sentence in your post

AFAIK, I know nothing. Sorry.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013