1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pearl White 1.3 MJD Dynamic Punto Evo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Dann, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Dann

Dann Novizio

Hello everybody,

I would like to introduce myself as a new Punto Evo owner, stepping foot into this forum as an official member today, though have been lurking around anonymously reading all about this wonderful brand of vehicles and some great knowledgeable people here who love cars and particularly Fiat at that.

This is my new beauty brought home on August 22, 2014 from CAI Automobiles. Just giving you a glimpse of the beauty below. IMG-20140822-WA0001.jpg

This is my initial ownership writeup

We brought home the Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic home on August 22, 2014. After several considerations as detailed below, we finally bought this beauty.

Our choice of vehicle was based on simple rules, both me and my wife should be able to drive the vehicle, comfortable for 4 people, and should be built well with good features.

We test drove Maruthi Swift, Volkswagen Polo, Etios Liva, Hyundai i20, Tata Indica Vista.

Maruti Swift was very good in terms of pickup and after sales service, but not good in terms of construction and features.

Volkswagen Polo was the car we almost bought except for the in-cabin noise of the diesel engine and somewhat poor service.

Etios Liva was good in looks from outside, but once inside I just couldn't even look at the dashboard with its fake sticker odometer and the NVH levels were not up to the mark.

Already owned Hyundai Getz, so was sure this will be a nice replacement for the family, but my other half did not like it in terms of the space it offered and the somewhat vague feeling she had that this car was not the one.

Finally, when we went to CAI Automobiles in Peelamedu, Coimbatore, we saw that they had the Punto 1.3 MJD Active in the showroom, mind you this was the old model, the new one was yet to be launched. The service personnel there was very courteous in receiving us and enquired as to what car we were looking for. Once we told him that we came for Punto, he patiently explained all the features across all variants available. Since we were going for an exchange of our old and reliable Getz, he told us that we would get an exchange bonus of Rs. 65,000/- apart from the cost of our old vehicle. I was like, whaaat? I thought this was great value for the car we are buying. I asked that we would like to buy a red color Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion variant, but unfortunately they did not have one in that color and the sales person told me they had only Tuscan Wine, which I was not comfortable with. We came home after asking the sales person to verify with the plant in Pune about the availability of colors in the Emotion variant.

I asked the sales person about the poor service feedback from previous owners and he explained that they previously had tie-up with TATA for service and as usual TATA, known for its poor service, dragged FIAT down with it. He also said that now that they have started off independently, they are getting good feedbacks on service front and on availability of spares. He took me to the service station and gave me a tour of the facilities. Satisfied with this I went home.

After several phone calls with regard to the color of the vehicle, I was disappointed that the red color was not available in Emotion variant, but rather only in the Active variant. The next day the sales person called me to come to the showroom for launch of the new Punto Evo model. I went and was smitten by the new design. The VP of sales Fiat India was there to launch the vehicle and after some PowerPoint presentations on the enhancements made to the model they revealed the new Punto Evo. It was really awesome looking in the Glitterati Gold color. They unvieled the 90HP variant. I was not looking for power, but a car more suited for city driveability and easy handling for both me and my wife.

I then spoke with the sales person that I wanted to buy the Punto Evo 1.3 MJD. The Dynamic variant was within my limits of affordability and was loaded with features too, except missing fog lamps and rear washer and defogger. After extensive test driving of this car, I decided to buy it with the consent of my better half. Now once again came the color of the car, they told me that 6 cars have been dispatched from the Pune plant and white color was available in the Dynamic variant for immediate delivery (meaning within 7 days). As we were exchanging our old car and we had no car for transport, we agreed to go with the white color. I paid the booking advance of Rs. 25,000/- and took the receipt and left, asking the sales person to call me once the car was in the yard.

I got a call on August 20, that the car was available for me for PDI. I went to the yard immediately with the PDI printout and checked out everything as per the list. Once everything was checked out okay, the car was sent for registration the next day. August 22 being auspicious day, we took delivery of the car on that day and drove it to the temple for pooja. After performing the pooja, we took the car home.

I am just waiting for the long drive!!!

I am sorry for the long writeup. I hope I have not offended anyone in my post. IMG-20140822-WA0003.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    extr3mex, nbvcrao, rejin_r and 38 others like this.
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations ,, welcome to the club..
  3. Dann

Dann Novizio

Thank you pdash!!
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats and Welcome TFI. I believe this is the first Punto Evo delivered on TFI.

Do start an ownership thread and share your dealership experience in the review section here
    Dann likes this.
  5. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulation and welcome to Fiat world buddy.....
    Dann likes this.
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Dann, congrats on your beauty! I believe u mean CAI Fiat,Peelamedu,Coimbatore.We bought exactly 10 months back from there.Share your purchase & driving experiences and loads of pics.Welcome to TFI :).
    Dann likes this.
  7. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    congrats on being the first evo on TFI....it suuuuuuuuuperrrrrr.....btw because of all the chrome anyone can mistake it for a top variant
    Dann likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Kudos mate. Good decision taken and welcome to the family.
    Dann likes this.
  9. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    congrats buddy! welcome to TFI! awaiting more pics. :)
    Dann likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Wow! First Evo on TFI :happy:

Congratulations and enjoy in good health.
    Dann likes this.