1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI'ed a BNW Linea - Couple of Issues

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by teky, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is really Pathetic. I see the whole issue with the dealer.
    After my experience with the dealer for the last one month, my family is against going for Fiat now.

Again, you are still on for buying a Fiat :). This shows your love towards the T-Jet.
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Being irked by the behavior of TATA dealers, today I went to 2 other manufacturers showroom Honda and Chevy.

Morning, I went to khivraj Motors (New Chevy Dealer in Chennai) to see what was on offer for the Magnum TCDI. Their Manager gave me a quote of Rs. 11.1 L - 30k discount. I told him that I have already booked a Linea. This is what his take on Fiat and Linea.
    - Linea is going to be stopped by Fiat shortly as the sales is very low. They will come up with a shorter car than Linea.
    - Fiat service will be pathetic and I will not be treated well.
    - It will be very difficult to get spare parts.
    - Otherwise, the car is a fine product from Fiat :)
    Through out my presence, he spoke more about Fiat than his product. I believe all other dealers use the same logic to easily convince their customers against Fiat. Adding to that is the behavior of few TATA Fiat Dealers :).

Next, we (me and teky) visited Capital Honda on GST Road. We were not invited by any and we ourselves got into the new Jazz. The interiors is really impressive. Very good usage of cabin space. Fit and finish is also very good. The engine was nicely packed into the small bay. We actually felt Jazz interiors to be better than City's. All this time, nobody attended us :). Finally, when we opened the bonnet of City an SA came to us. City's engine bay seemed to be almost vacant and there was no engine guard too. The SA told us that the engine bay is intentionally kept roomy so that the engine can easily cool off :). We smiled at him and we left there as there were no test drive available for Jazz. They didn't bother to ask us what we are looking for and they didn't even get any contact details of us.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    :D:clap

Well, i don't really blame these Chevrolet sales people. They are working their asses off to sell a car as pathetically outdated as the Optra Magnum diesel. A boat on wheels with a powerful but super turbo-laggy engine. So they resort to any means possible.

But i'm sure not all customers are well informed, and may end up believing this crap to be the case.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    ramjn, teky any updates from you guys

I just booked a TJet+, now facing issues with regards to the booking amount (I made 50K, SA wants another 50K to 1 lac to book the car)
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I hope ramjn doesn't mind, he has successfully completed the PDI today. Barring some panel gaps everything seemed fine. Although the car was may end manufactured, I'll let ramjn explain the rest

The booking ask amount by your SA is too high. IIRC the booking amount is only 10 k, so ask your SA to verify his facts if not escalate to fiat

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @speedjet - I would say a booking about of 10k is sufficient and if you have made 50k, it is more than sufficient.

As teky said, I did the PDI of the new BNW Linea yesterday and was satisfied with it barring some minor issues (Wiper blade needs to be replaced and has some mis-alignment). This time when I went in for the PDI, the car was kept ready as if it is going to be delivered :). Let the pictures speak the rest.

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P5.jpg
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Beautiful.

The other day i parked our BNW Linea E+ next to an Audi A4, and call it bias or anything but the Linea looked much more b'ful than the robotic A4.

Cheers and congrats.
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The 4th picture is really a stunner, Man I'm seriously envying you now. So when are you bringing your new love back to home?

Regarding the car being kept clean - It seems they have understood what sort of customers we are :devil
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, finally took the delivery of my Linea on 17th September 2011. I will come out with the ownership report soon.
    Thanks for all your suggestions and support.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulation ramjin.
    Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.