1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI'ed a BNW Linea - Couple of Issues

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by teky, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I too got my car through PS Raman - Good guy. The only issue I felt was I had to call him four times for every single thing. He used to say he'll get back but he never did it! Maybe bcos, I met him after making up my mind & he read it!!
    To be honest, I didn't even know that we should do a PDI - And the fact that there would be so many helping hands here!

Wish I had registered here before registering my GP!! Anyway, I don't regret my decision of buying the Italian Beauty!!
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I wanted to give one final shot with VST before I decide to move out of them and called the SA there. He is helpless acting as per their GM. I felt like they are fine with me cancelling the booking.

The final inference is that VST wants me buy the BNW car which already has signs of rusting or the FTA which is parked in the showroom. Or I should get out without buying a FIAT with them. If this is the way TATA dealers treat the prospective Fiat buyers, most of them would probably walk out of Fiat.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hope your complaint makes fiat to Intervene.
    Fiat sales are so low, instead of making extra effort for sale, they just treating customer as one more Tata car buyers.
  4. I am making an assumption here - VST doesnt want to order a new car when they have 2 cars in hand without any takers !!

Looks like there are no buyers for FIAT except for the hardcore FIAT fans.

I think VST is trying to dispose off the existing 2 cars from their stock, else why should a dealer refuse to book a new car from factory and is ready to part with the booking amount ???
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even they want to sell existing cars, I don't see any business logic to miss a customer.
    VST will anyway sell this to some unsuspected customers. They should have ordered new and sell old one to somebody else.
  6. Could this be one of the reason for the low sales of Fiat cars ?
    Only since we are fiat fans we r thinking of going to a different dealer. others would simply blame Fiat for this and go for a different brand as like my family members asked me go for different brand on the day we saw the BNW in the stock yard.
  7. Ravi, agreed.
    What if they are not getting even 2 customers in a month ?
    Maybe, VST thought initially Ramjn is an unsuspecting customer but turned out to be a smart TFI'an !

My contention is, if they have customers they would not have let go Ramjn. They would have arranged for a new car and passed the existing one to a new customer. Which dealer would willingly return the booking money

My gut feeling is that customers wanting to buy a FIAT is very very low these days ?

I wish my assumption is wrong !
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The SA at VST told me that their GM didn't approve for ordering a new car as they already have 2 in stock. They themselves have admitted this. But, the question is if they sell another car to me they would indeed make some profit rather then letting a customer go away.
  9. i guess this will not work as the site is not taken care by any1.... i hav thrice raised request for Punto TD and no 1 has come back to me since my last attempt 2 weeks bak...... i had asked for TD @ Udupi , dealer: Hanuman motors.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    ramjn I can understand your plight. I have faced issues with a couple of dealers over here in NCR while trying to buy a TJet+.

In the first case, they tried to sell me a vehcile which had scratches on it and which did not have the H symbol on the ODO meter. In this case, since they had the vehicle in display I was lucky to not book the vehicle itself. However the second time, I did make a booking and finally had to cancel it. I lost Rs 5000 in this bargain and got a lot of heartache. Here is the sequence of events for my booking of TJet+:

1) I had to follow-up a lot with the SE to get the VIN and to get a receipt for my booking. After a lot of follow-up, the sales executive came (after a week) in a non-test drive punto (1.2 dynamic) to give my booking receipt. He offered me to test drive it, to which I did tell him that its not a test drive vehicle and hence I cannot test drive the same. He insisted that it is owned by the showroom.

2) My car came to the dealer in Feb end. Again I had to haggle a lot to do the PDI. During the PDI in the stockyard found that
    a) all rubber beadings of the TJet+ were coming out (door/windows + roof)
    b) stain marks on the roof as well as seats. (these were not removed even when the car arrived at the showroom after cleaning)
    There was another T-Jet+ and I compared mine with that one (mine was early Jan vehicle and the other one was a mid Feb vehicle). From the comparison it was pretty clear that mine had minor issues as compared to the other one. The other one was clean both from inside as well as outside

3) Since above were minor issues I though I should go ahead. I tried contacting the sales executive to discuss when to pick up the car. However, sales executive never responded to my phone calls. Finally after a couple of days I reached the showroom and saw the car parked in front of the showroom. To my dismay, I saw a family with kids jumping around in the car with the sales guy happily watching them. I had given strict instructions to the sales guy that the car should not be used for display. But still the car that was going to be delivered to me was used for display by them. Sales guy told me that since the one car standing in the showroom is only a TJet, he showed the TJet+ to the customer as customer wanted to see TJet+. I was baffled as they have a TJet+ test drive vehicle which they could have shown (which was lying punctured), but no they preferred to show mine

I escalated the matter and finally spoke to the general manager. He tried to convince me that this is probably the only time that the car was used for display and that he could offer me a Rs 5000 discount. I told him I am not interested in taking the car as how do I know if the car has not been used for more displays and also for a test drive (even if someone test drives the TJet once, he is surely going to rip it). He tried to convince me that this was an one-off case, but I did not agree. During the course of the discussion, I realized that he shall not order another vehicle for me and wanted me to take this vehicle only. Anyways, we argued for a couple of hours after which I asked him for my booking amount. He finally agreed. I then had to run after the sales executivefor about a week to get my cheque. Received the cheque after making numerous calls. They deducted Rs 5000 as cancellation charges inspite of promising that there shall not be any cancellation charges

I am now again on the lookout for the TJet+. Hoepfully this time there shall be no surprises from these dealers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.