1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI'ed a BNW Linea - Couple of Issues

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by teky, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram, looks like superficial rust and VST had cleaned it this time. It will appear again after the next rain or after a car wash.

Please reject it outright and demand another car.
  2. Yes you need to reject the car outright. I would advise you to stay away from BNW and change colour choice now that you have a chance. I have a BNW Linea and have spotted similar rust spots on the boot. Though TASS tried to rectify it, I am not happy with result and will need to claim again. It is really strange that such simple thing as making a rust free car in today's age is not being achieved by Fiat who claim to have a world class paint shop.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Reasons to reject the car

1) Manufactured in May 2011
    2) Rusting Issue
    3) Misalignement ( can be fixed )
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I did the same and they are going to order the replacement car today. I have decided to keep away from BNW. I have now asked for FTA (Fox Trot Azure).
  5. FTA too looks elegant on Linea. Good choice. Make sure you get Teky's appoinment for next PDI as well. Good job Teky-ji.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just got a confirmation from VST that they have ordered for the car :). The SA told me that he will provide me the VIN by evening. Now, the wait starts for me for the car to arrive at the dealership.
  7. all the best buddy.
    please do post the details as and when you get them.

also decode the vin and tell us the date(month and year) of manufacture
  8. Best of luck to you. This proves how PDI is very important. Also this is the reason why Fiat's don't sell well as the aam junta don't understand this concept and go with tried trusted brands. Not that FIat is making any effort to stem this flow.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, seems like VST is giving me tough time again. The SA told me today that they haven't placed the order for the car as it was stopped by their GM as they have another FTA Linea with them. That car is kept in showroom and is Apr'2011 manufactured. He is asking me to have a look at that car and take the decision. But, I rejected it outright. Time is running away and so my patience.

Should I terminate the deal with them and switch over to another dealer?
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Go ahead and switch the dealer if you are getting 100% money refund orelse I will suggest you to be calm and ask them to place an order for FTA Linea
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.