1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI'ed a BNW Linea - Couple of Issues

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by teky, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusting...
    Keep a distance from that car...
    Even my car has door alignment problems.
    The lesser complaints the better.
    Already the cars are being sold at at such a high rate.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    dont simply accept this car under any circumstances. also if you have a big sticker write on it PDI failed.

also as a responsible part of fiat family write a mail to CEO help desk with the chassis number and engine no and notify them about this shit product of theirs.

let the QA dept call the vehicle back instead of passing them suspiciously to a poor customer.
  3. Oh Teky. I Just went thro this thread. Is this how a PDI should be done ? From the pics I really could'nt find the misalingments on the Door and Bumper. My Bad. If I had done the PDI I would have simply accepted the car admiring the beauty. Even today except for the Bumper scratches on the BNW 90 HP I couldn't figure out any other issues with the car. Did u guys carry a magnifying glass to find out those Rust. And the replies from the other TFI'ns to simply reject the car, scared the hell out of me. I am really gonna have a tough time PDI'ing my punto. Kudos to u guys.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  4. Srida
    You observed the gap between the front and rear one. It is uneven. The same with the bumper.
    That is mis alignment.
    And rust is generally visible to eye. Even a small patch, more on bright colours
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It all comes from previous experience of owning a Fiat Srida. There is a detailed PDI checklist available elsewhere on our forum which was uploaded by Paddleshifter. Download and take a copy of that along with you and you should be fine.

We were more concerned about the rust is due to BNW color which seems a favorite for rust. Panel gaps should be fine as long as they aren't too serious.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Folks,

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestion. I would be insisting for another car to my SA when he gets back to me on Tuesday. Whatever promises they make to me, I will make my point clear that the benefit of doubt should be given to me as a Customer.

I will keep this thread updated.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Folks,

VST came back to me yesterday and they said that there is no rust in the car and they would take me again to their yard for inspection with their engineer. It was scheduled for today and was cancelled due to ill health of the person who planned to take me to their yard. I told them again that this is all waste of time and I would not think of investing 10L on a car which I have a doubt in mind. They said they will come back to me. Its already a week delay.

Any suggestions guys?
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^ dude !! why this circus. tell them that you want another car. you dont even want to see this car again.
  9. Congrats Ramjn. Anyways, even if the whole world stand against you, do not accept this car. Even if you send the car for rust treatment, it will be there in the workshop for few weeks and returned to you with a treatment par below your expectations.

In my view, Linea and Punto looks awsome on BNW color, but these rusting issues really hurt. After rusting episode started in my BNW Punto, I made my mind to stay away from BNW, if at all I am buying another car. Ofcourse, it will be FIAT.

OT: What are you planning for your Stunning Red Punto? Are you going to sell it off or keep it?
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Soundar. Your views has seriously made me rethink about the color from this evening. As this is going to be a huge investment for me, I don't want to take any chances. We are evaluating other color options and I will communicate the same to my SA tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.