1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI'ed a BNW Linea - Couple of Issues

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by teky, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Folks,

Myself and fellow member ramjn had went to PDI his car in VST Stockyard yesterday. It was a BNW Linea manufactured in May 2011, However we were told it arrived a week back. We checked couple of things and have the following concerns

1. Front doors mis-aligned - Both the front doors where mis-aligned, Don't know what these guys at factory are doing. Although this could be adjusted I'm not sure if this can corrected entirely.

DSC_0564.jpg

2. Front Bumpers mis-aligned

DSC_0563.jpg

3. Our biggest concern was the rust at few places, Being a BNW our worries were compounded. So looking for our members feedback

Inside the engine bay

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

Rear Boot

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

Let us know your views if we should ask for a new car or these are minor and we are too skeptical.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Misalignement can be fixed , but Rust is going to grow spread.

Do not accept this car...!!!
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes i second Jayadev. Ask the dealer for another car.

As for FIAT's quality control , it's really pathetic in this case.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks teky for posting it.

Our biggest concern is actually the few minor rusts. But, it can spread over the period of time. The dealer (VST Motors) told me that they will rectify all issues before delivery. But, again I insisted that I cannot accept a car which is prone to more rusting. They are not open till Monday and they told me that they will come back to me on Tuesday. Meantime, we thought of checking with you guys.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Also the quality of Leather wrapped around steering seems to have lost quality.

The B pillar also seems to have lost it's gloss finish, it's more of Matt finish now, looks el cheapo.

Why Fiat, Why?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    teky,

I think ramjin should not accept the car if he is not satisfied. Let FIAT know that customer expectation is high and they have to tighten the screws in the factory. It will be better to wait for a fresh piece and make them aware that you are looking for a perfect fit from the Italian built factory

Abdul
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    do not accept the car. once sold you know who will have to bear. still fiat produces rust prone cars, a big shame for fiat.
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    do not accept the car.
    2 weeks back i checked the rust prone part of punto (inside the boot beading) and compared it with a ritz' boot beading. Ritz' boot beading - had some kind of greasy coating over the metal which the beading covers.
    Punto - nothing like that. shocking!!!. and this leads to rapid rusting as the water tends to get into these areas.
  9. Alignment issues exist in all FIAT cars. I dont see that an issue if you are interested "only" in a FIAT car.
    Every car i PDI'ed had this issue. I am sure this shouldn't be a deal breaker

Rusting is an issue. REJECT the car for this reason. Dont take the car even if the dealer is ready to repair/rectify the rust.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Binze. I know all Fiat has this issue. I am not very much worried about this.

Yeh. Thats what I told them. The SA told me that his Manager will inspect the car on Tuesday and only then they can decide. I am surprised to listen this as I have to make the decision and not them. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.