1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI report from dealer

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vinayk, Aug 25, 2015.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This is more of being lazy to get the documents out and they would be worried if there are any issues with the PDI as such.

@vinayk since the deal is for the Jan 2015 model, I guess you would not have too many options left. If you feel the issues you spotted are minor and can be rectified, get the dealer to fix it before registering the car in your name. If they oblige go ahead with the purchase.

But the bottom line is, make sure you are convinced about the car before you proceed any further.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    vinayk likes this.
  2. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @ ghodlu

Exactly such business tactics gives rise to suspicicon. Which could very easily be avoided by being open , transparent and back it with data, as per customer requests.

Well I got a better deal on Emotion variant from them compared to other 2 dealers and also availability of this variant.

Well my amount is in safe custody with the dealer, they cannot force me to buy crappy stuff, my uncle DGP is just a call away if the plan to get notorious :)

If they are lazy they should not be in this business, wanted to get this taken care prior to registration in their interest. If the car has any issues after PDI - Simply it will be left at the dealership with a demand for new car or full refund. I have indicated this to them and well aware of me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    May the force be with you (in case needed):smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

I hope this is documented and communicated to the dealer.
  4. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes all of this is documented over an email to FCA :)
  5. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hopefully this is close looped by FCA by tomorrow as I get possession of my New Linea on Fri and enjoy the drive along with a hassle free ownership :)
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @vinayk, I believe I saw the car in the yard today morning when I went to help another TFIan for the PDI. Do let us know how things go.
  7. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap

Last night I wrote to Mr. Boparai. Issue is now being handled by Mr. Mangesh, Head Customer Service, FCA. He has assured to resolve it to my satisfaction.
  8. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks to Mr. Mangesh for personally looking into the PDI reports and certifying that the car is in perfect factory condition without any defect / repairs / issues whatsoever.

He ensured all my concerns were addressed to my satisfaction.

Getting the delivery of the car tomorrow evening :)
    nkrishnap likes this.
  9. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @vinayk

Congratulations. The car is absolutely:kiss::kiss::kiss:. Time to open an ownership thread and lots of pics.
    vinayk likes this.