1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI report from dealer

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vinayk, Aug 25, 2015.

1. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    After booking a new linea, Today I was told by the dealer that PDI report shall not be shared with the customer under any circumstances (buyer of the car even after full payment not at the time of delivery) as they have instructions not to do so from FIAT RSM...as this document is just to be shared between dealer and Fiat... That did not make any sense... Is this really true? If so not a fair practice. As till date for all my new automobile purchases I have seen the PDI report from dealers...
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    No way. Please get the PDI checked before you. You have every right to ask. Which dealer is this? Send an email to FCA and the booking order number. How do we know that the PDI is done perfectly and no issues with the car. Its vicious.
  3. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Dealer is EBONY AUTOMOBILES, Bangalore.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2015 ---
    Called FCA and raised a complaint, One Mr, Shashank from complaints dept is looking into it and revert by tomorrow morning.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    EBONY AUTOMOBILES ? is it a FIAT authorized dealership? There are only 3 Fiat dealers in Blore.
    1. KHT 2. Vecto 3.AADYA
  5. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Aadya itself is EBONY for FIAT...
    Deepak likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @vinayk

There are three different PDI reports usually done for a car to be delivered:
    1) At the factory before despatch
    2) Upon arrival at dealer's place by the dealer
    3) Done by the customer before delivery.
    Which report are you referring to? Generally the sr 1 is sent along with the car from factory and contains the complete set of information, this report is withheld by the dealer many a times unless forced to give away. Sr 2 is of no use to the customer per say. Sr 3 is related to the customer and generally is in reference the TFI check list. There is also a mini PDI which definitely needs to be done by the customer before the registration process.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur

3, I have done as per the TFI checklist minus the mandatory test drive was skipped as dealer did not permit.

1 &2, I was asking the dealer to show me the PDI reports as they could not give me satisfactory answers to 3 points I raised after my PDI.

As follows:
    1. Front windshield was of 2015 make but rest of the glasses were of 2014 made that's absolutely fine as its a Jan 2015, However the rubber piece holding the windshield externally had a missing screw plug & screw looked tampered.
    2, Screw was found hanging in between the front passenger side carpet and plastic cladding near the floor area, I am in possession of that screw.
    3, Inner side of the windscreen on passenger side had black stains on the plastic quarter panel cover & The driver side panel had huge amount of gaps & Not sitting properly.

Upon which I was told that they do not have permission from Fiat RSM to share the 1 & 2 PDI reports. Now logged a complaint with FCA to get this addressed.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Instead of taking so much pain and follow up for the PDI report, reject the car and request a new piece. The pain would be additional wait time and loss of any additional discounts on the current piece.
  9. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap

There are only 2 cars available from Jan 2015 manufacturing, The deal was applicable for these 2 cars other one is a white color, hence no option. Issue escalated to FCA got call this morning as well the conferenced CRM head of EBONY, To get this addressed and provide me the dealer / manufacturer PDI reports.

Full payment made, Hence missing out on current deal is unlikely, even if that happens, I will get a full refund or same color July 2015 manufacturing.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I really don't understand what does the dealer gain from withholding the documents as if they are national secrets. This at times makes me wonder whether Fiat has some dirty dark secrets with every car and the dealer is the custodian of that.

Unfortunately since you made the complete payment, you are being forced to choose from the cars available with them. Had you zeroed in on this dealer on first instinct or did you check out with other dealers too. Bangalore I guess has 3-4 Fiat dealers if I am correct.
    vinayk likes this.