1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PDI done- need sugesstions

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by PranavOne, Mar 10, 2012.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Hi all,
    First of all this is my hunting story why I choosed Fiat. Fell in love with new swift design booked it on October, 2011 soon later went European tour and drove Bravo, Punto, VW Golf decided go for a European car and start thinking of cancellation of my swift booking. December, 2011 landed India and discuss with my wife about going for an europe car coincidently she start talking already we having swift then why again swift? So, my job was easy to change her mind to cancel the swift booking, almost very near to the delivery called the sales guy in maruti dealer and tell him cancel my booking he agreed after his usual questions during cancellation.

So, 3 Europe cars in my mind
    1. Fabia - Not choosed because of after sales service of skoda people and feels too much higher to my budget (@ around 6 lacs).
    2. Polo - Not choosed due to 3 pot engine and not much more about a.s.s
    3. Fiat - Choosed because of 1.3 Multijet engine, Tank like built, comes fell in my budget etc.,

So, Initially decided for 1.3Multijet Active later extend the budget to Dynamic 1.3Multijet.

Booked Dynamic 1.3 Oceanic Blue @ Tafe Reach for 6,99,200 and get regular free accessories apart from free insurance & waveier in extended warranty.

Twodays back I called and fixed an appointment for a PDI in stock yard but Tafe sales person told me that we are not allowing you to do PDI in stock yard we can arrange it only in our delivery centre then I said ok, so appointment fixed today afternoon 12 PM I reached there in time but I have to wait until 1.30 PM to see my Blue lady even I didnot wait for that much time during my first meet with my spouse.

Later I started PDI as per our TFI's check list and found every thing ok except few things, I have some queries please find them as inline. Thanks.

P2.JPG P3.JPG P6.jpg P7.JPG P8.JPG
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Good. so what suggestions do you need?
  3. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

sorry I updated earlier partially. Below are my concerns please guide/suggest me. Thanks all

Paint peal off (door hits in some object) in front passenger door handle

2011 made Tyres (between 38-46 weeks) big worry about it, Please give me a sugesstion in this regard please.

Rear LED should looks like same in all puntos? I mean the Rectangle mentioned in the Picture
  4. Why are buying Jan made instead of Feb made ?
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Get the tires replaced. They are a big no no. The one in the brake light is the rear washer. Did you check if it is working during the PDI. I did not check it and hence have to run around with it until 1st service.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    In my view, take the car if -
    - They are ready to put new tyres (36-40 months 2011 is OK, but the tyre in the above car is used.)
    - Rear washer is ok.
    - Ask why the paint pilled-off in door handle. Get it rectified and take a letter from them anything happens to paint they have to fix free of cost in future.

Most importantly, make sure "H" is present in ODO.
  7. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Totally agree with reply above...please ask them to change the tyres they are used or might have been weathered since it is very old...paint issue is minor but ask them to paint it before the delivery of the vehicle. make sure you hold some money (say 20K) and give them at the time of delivery if they do things properly. They should agree with it and ask them you will check your vehicle again before delivery.
  8. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Thanks Srini, I checked Rear Wiper and Washer both are worked fine but did not noticed the Washer jet at that time, thanks again.

Ravi, I noticed "H" is present in ODO and its shows 34KM, already mailed to the sales person to change the tires and as well as paint issue.

While I spoke with Delivery manager @ Tafe Reach mount road, He told me that tire serial numbers are mapped with VIN number of the car so that its very hard to change the tires with new sets , boss then I have two option first one is going for another 1.3 Dynamic other than this one and second one is going to cancel my booking I replied him.

by the way what delivery manager said is it true? are tire numbers mapped with VIN?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    what does that mean..?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Kindly have a read of the TFI PDI thread.