1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pci to Sata card

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by bhai, Nov 15, 2014.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi
    As you all know old Ide hdd or dvd drive are now rare. So I braught Pci to Sata controller card.Driver installed.
    Installed sata hdd & dvd drive.
    I want to boot pc with sata hdd
    But Sata dvd drive & hdd are only detecting as additional drives just like pendrives in windows explorer.
    Bios is not detecting both sata drives.

My bios doesn't have option of 'Boot from SCSI'

It seems that card is not compatible to my board due to limitation of bios.
    Any input from experts?
    I have P-4 ,845GLLY board, Windows XP
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Booting from onboard USB or SATA is a feature within BIOS, with USB being less supported on older BIOS and hardware.

If it is a VIA based chipset (your PCI to SATA controller card) we can do a firmware hack and make it work on the BIOS. If it is AMI or AWARD bios maybe we can make it work. It will need modding and reflashing of BIOS, depends on your VIA chip.

What is the model no. mentioned on it.?
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Chipset on PCI to SATA card is VT6421A.

& Bios of my PC is
    Award Modular bios v4.60PG.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Great! Now do as mentioned in the pdf document attached. You need to download flasher either DOS or WIN based that are compatible with AWARD BIOS. Some universal flash tools could work also.

Most important : You must backup the original BIOS and note motherboard manufacturer whether Intel or OEM including board revision no. for recovery mod. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK..!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I tried but couldn,t suceed. After reading Readme file I found that this PCI to Sata card only compatible on motherboard having VIA chipset.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Okay I think it could work with any board where BIOS is hackable and re-compilable. CBROM6 in your case.