1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PC Racing Games

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar_lfc, Jun 17, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I am a huge fan of racing games. Have played a variety of games on PC. Here are some games I like/dislike-

Need For Speed series​

I have played all NFS titles except NFS 6- V Rally. My fav is NFS 3 Hot Pursuit. Other titles I liked-

*NFS Underground 2- Great game, was the first game having the freeroam feature. Good customisation options.

*NFS Most Wanted- Another good game, famous for its spectacular cop chases. Cars also good.

*NFS Carbon- Similar to MW in terms of gameplay, but a bit too dark (you race at night). Canyon races awesome.

*NFS Pro Street- After a long time EA returned to track racing with the Pro Street. Great game, with real damage and car tuning. Dislikes- graphics and game engine.

*NFS Undercover- EA returned to cop chases and free roam mode in the Undercover. Ok, I admit, I cheated to finish this game (downloaded a trainer to give unlimited cash and boost). :)

*NFS Hot Pursuit 2010- The guys at Criterion have done a good job. Nice city, nice cars, and its easy to drift (if you don't hit oncoming traffic!).

And the ones I disliked-

*NFS Shift- EA calles it a true racing simulator. Works best if you have a proper racing wheel with paddle shifters (am not referring to Yashik sirji :D). Not so good on the keyboard. Or I don't know how to follow the racing line?

*NFS Shift 2: Unleashed- Got the game, installed it, played some races, never palyed it again. The cars don't turn using the keyboard. Probably again a racing wheel is required. Or I don't know how to race....

Now waiting for NFS: The Run....

Codemasters​

*Race Driver Grid- What a game! EGO engine is fantstic. A bit difficult to play for the first time, but once you get used to the racing line (yes, this game taught me to follow racing lines :p) and braking points, its a joy to play. And there is no need for a racing wheel as well! Also, the career mode is very interesting.​

*DiRT 2- Another game using the EGO engine, its the first rallying game I played. Game paly just like Grid is fantastic. Another great effort from Codies.​

Have got F1 2010 and DiRT 3, can't wait to paly them once I get home. (Am in Chandigarh these days) ​

Please share about your favourite games also.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can't say about the current crop of games, but Gran Turismo 4 on PS2 was/is a classic.

NFS series is great entertainment. The last i played was NFS:MW :p
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I was addicted to NFS Series. I completed most of its series. I installed those games on my offce desktop/laptop & was playing on that.

Once I get caught by manager & he handed over me a warning letter.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    U can change the cars in mW!! PM me if you wanna know. It's a easy but long procedure. I have bugati, SLS AMG, Etc etc!! :)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    :lol

Awesome Kedar bhai!
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Some how I mostly like racing games only. Not a big fan of other games. I used to play NFS Most Wanted on a PC but was only a demo version. Few chases and some challenges. I have bought an Xbox 360 to experience the NFS on the big screen. I have NFS: Undercover, I like it, but for me Most Wanted is awesome. The graphics are too good when you break through a police blockade.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am also planning to buy a XBOX or a playstation. I am completly blind in this technology. Which is the best brand? Which brand offers NFS?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have played NFS series (PS2; PC),
    DiRT (PC),
    GRiD (PC),
    Formula 1 2006 and 2010 (PS2; PC),
    Colin McRae aka CMR (PC),
    WRC 2011 (PC),
    a few more that I don't remember.

NFS Most Wanted has been the best till date and the subsequent ones are utter crap in my opinion.

I have driven FIAT Grande Punto in DiRT, NFS MW, WRC and GTA San Andreas.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

My vote is also for NFS MW. I was also using FIAT Grande Punto & it was TJET.

After that I used Auto TT & won the series.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    1.Test Drive Unlimited ..one the best uptill now i've played..

2.Burnout Paradise..nice controls..

3.Splitsecond ..Yet to test it :-D