1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pay & Zoom –a brand new self-drive service in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by punto_emotion, Mar 7, 2013.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Zoom is the brand new, membership-based, hyper-local self-drive service that allows individuals to hire cars by the hour or by the day.

Which cars to zoom around:

Zoom offers Ford Figos and Mahindra Scorpios. As they expand, likes of BMW and Electric Vehicles will be added to the list, according to them. You can take Zoom vehicles anywhere in India as each vehicle comes equipped with an All India Permit.

Become a member, register and Zoom:

Zoom says, its easy to become a member. One can also use their mobile app (droid or iPhone). Just make an account with your contact information and upload a photo of your driver's license. Once completed, you're officially ready to make a reservation. Zoom requires either an Indian driver's license or an International Driver's Permit (IDP). You must be 21 or older to join Zoom.

Log on to the reservation system or use their easy to use android and iPhone apps! Just select the type of car you want, the location you want to pick it up, and the start and end time for your reservation. There is no maximum reservation period and the minimum reservation period is one hour

Zoom accepts credit or debit card payments. All payments are made in advance through their website or mobile app. No cash or net banking available.

What’s included?

• Fuel
    • Insurance
    • Maintenance
    • Taxes
    • 7 inch Droid-enabled tablet device and will be powered with the latest in-car software from MapmyIndia.

Tariffs:

Figo : Hourly Rs199 / Daily Rs 1,999 & Scorpio: Hourly Rs 249 / Daily Rs 2,499. The tariff is upto 150 kms per day; but this 150 kms per day limit is waived off as initial promotion.

Further details can be checked here - Zoom
    4 people like this.
  2. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Looks interesting and innovative!
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nice initiative,
    we are having rent-a-car service in Kerala, but they don't offer Fuel, Insurance etc.
    I used to rent on daily basis at 500Rs /day for small cars (alto, santro)

Rajeev
    sathish kumar likes this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    just checked the video on their site, So does this mean we won't meet any one from zoom during the hiring process? Just an app will unlock the car? What am I missing?
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ As of now, there are many points carrying a question mark which would be answered only once they are fully functional. Few of the points appears too good to be true :cool:
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi this one's similar to Europcars, Sixt, Avis and Hertz when i was in Germany had used this a lot its so good easy to book pick up and drop the vehicle at the nearest parking point, i think Hertz is already there in Bangalore no idea about others. Zoom is new concept and prizes are too cheap for a Figo and scorpio in comparison to booking a cab or taxi.
  7. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I will be in Pune on 2 months deputation (without my TJet :() but would wish to hire a car on self drive basis over few weekends to cover Shirdi, Nashik etc. Has anyone in our forum tried such rentals in recent times?

Sorry couldn't find a thread specific to Pune.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Interesting indeed. Would definitely like to have my hands on the GLA. :D Good to know that service is in Delhi NCR also, though the pick up points are only in Gurgaon for now.