1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Passion has come home !

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rushtovicky, Nov 1, 2013.

1. rushtovicky

rushtovicky Timido

Bangalore
    Hi, This is Vignesh from Bangalore and its my first thread in this forum, please correct me if my comments are out of track.

As everyone, I have dreamed about my first car since I have learned to drive couple of years back. To be verse, got an used M800 and drove around the city for 3 months. Then decided to buy a new car and being novice, to the world of cars it was very difficult to zero down and various input from all was confusing. By then, I was much impressed with the hype given for the launch of Honda Amaze, test drove the vehicle within a week of its launch and immediately booked one :)

Later, it just happened that there was a FIAT stall in my office premises and had a chance to have a closer view of FIAT. I was just blown away the moment I opened the door, that heaviness is awesome. And I liked the view from the drivers seat as well as the front passenger's. It reminds me sitting in my uncle's Skoda Octavia front seat. Back to my desk, discussed about this to my colleague who has Linea, he just couldn't stop taking about FIAT. He introduced this forum to me, where with so many reviews I had changed my decision. The same day cancelled the booking of Amaze (where I was told 6 months waiting period) and booked the Italian Hatch.

I got the vehicle from Aadya motors, Bangalore and two Red beauties got delivered the same day. The other Team Fiat member Mohan also took the car on the same day. Though we intend to take at the same time, but I couldn't be there as I was not well and thought of taking delivery some other day. But some how managed to visit the show room with my friend and took the car home in the afternoon. The sad part was that I couldn't drive the car for almost 10 days after it came home due to viral fever. Well, that's gone and now I have clocked 3000 KM's in my ODO :) in one month.

I have drove my friend's Figo extensively and amazed with the stability it has in highways. I have not drove Punto more than 100 KM/H as of now, but the drive was so pleasure and comfortable that I didn't have a heart to give others to drive in highways.

Friends, I have a query and needed your advice on the same. I have mostly compared the usage with Figo as haven't drove any other cars extensively, please bare me for this.

Gear box :

I feel the down shift is not even close to soft. I intend only 3 to 2 & 2 to 1. Its very hard, I thought its a new vehicle and with the use it will get ease. But even after 3K Km's clocked, I am struggling to shift gears. Especially in city traffic, I had to move harder even to 1st gear at times. I am not sure whether its a common behaviour with the new Punto cars (or) something needs to be checked with the service center. Please advice. Even my friend felt the same who has good experience in driving various cars.

Some pics of my Red beauty : IMG_9257.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

Punto_1.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @rustovicky,

Congratulations on the red Punto, the colour looks rocking on the car. Mind sharing the OTR cost, dealership experience during buying & delivery. Also we need a lot more pics of the Lady in Red

Regarding the stiffer gear shifts, it is only matter of time when the gear shifting will become smoother. For that you need to keep the running the car.:-D:-D

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    1 person likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Vignesh congratulations for your Punto and red Punto stunning.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations mate. Stunning!
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Wish you a very Happy miles ahead. Congratulations on your new purchase! :)

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
  6. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Congratulations Vignesh!!! have fun!!!
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Vignesh on ur new Red Hot Punto.Its looking Sporty in Red.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Vignesh and welcome with the Hot Hatch, You have take right decisssion at the right time, or would have been in deep taught every time Puto overtakes ur Amaze...
  9. rushtovicky

rushtovicky Timido

Bangalore

Thank you for your wishes and the clarification with gear shifts, ghodlur. I have plans to travel more in this month, will update the progress with gear shifts.
  10. rushtovicky

rushtovicky Timido

Bangalore
    Thank you for the wishes, Kedar.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@ gurjinder : Thanks for the wishes, Dude !

- - - Merged Post - - -

@ asimpleson : Thank you for the wishes !

- - - Merged Post - - -

@ testdrive : Thanks for the wishes !

- - - Merged Post - - -

@ Nadeem : Thank you ! Yep, I love red a lot, couldn't think of any other color :)
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013