1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Parts changed under warranty.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Guyz Is the Link rod covered under warranty? Car is 14 months old with 30k on the ODO, can I still claim for warranty?

SA at FASS denied saying this part is not covered, if someone has changed under warranty at 30+k on the ODO please let me know... The sad thing is there was nothing wrong with it to begin with...
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    All part are covered till 35k afaik

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Do you know of any car which had its link rod changed within 35k kms? My SA is demanding proof so need to help him with one.. if not its coming out of his pocket for sure...
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My car has. If you give me time I can try to get the bill but why so just look at your warranty copy it should be mentioned

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    It would be of great help if you can just PM your car reg no so that I can let them know about this, the SA just wants a car reg details that he can use to cover my claim under warranty or should I say to cover his team-mates mistake (I know its strange but for a seasoned SA even I am wondering why would he ask me such a thing when he should know its under warranty)

Ok let me tell you what happened, It was third service and I have been complaining about a sound which is coming from the drive shaft of the car, left the car for service SA calls me back tells me that the Link rod is at fault and asked me to change it upon which I agreed (my mistake since I knew that the sound is no where connected to the suspension and was under the assumption that it could have happened due to wear and tear). 3rd service is completed and they bill me for the item.

Due to lack to time I leave for the day after making the payment, the sound was still there and I knew that the issue is not gonna be resolved easily. Next day out of curiosity I check the link road and I was shocked since there was nothing wrong with it.. Went to FASS again and spoke to their senior SA about this and asked them why didn't they claim it under warranty and why did they change it in the first place to begin with when there was nothing wrong with the Link rod.. Senior SA knew at this point that its their fault and started defending and asked me to get a reg no which he can use to prove/cover the warranty.

Irony is even after 3 visits from the time of 3rd service they are yet to find out the source of the sound :uh
  6. Chethan

Chethan

Bangalore
    Mine is 2011 June GP EP

1. Suspension elastic pads
    2. Rear Shock Absorbers
    3. Front RH and LH beeding
    4. Boot Beeding
    5. Stearing Rack Unit
    6. Boot Latch
    7. Transmission cables
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    2011 Punto 90 HP:

Brake disks - 2 times
    Front Wheel Hubs - Both sides
    Transmission wiring (Gear + wires)
    Turbo Intercooler
    Boot latch - 2 times
    RR power window regulator
    Timing kit
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

2012 Punto 75HP:

Brake discs, brake pads
    Rear hatch door struts
    Oil separator

2011 Punto 90HP:
    Before delivery there is a long list of items that were changed but I will stick to after delivery parts.

AC fan - 7 leaf to 9 leaf
    The whole steering system except the steering wheel
  9. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Service and parts changed.

1. Faulty O Ring Replaced - Gas recharged. - Done in warranty
    2. Rear right Door lock mechanism - replaced in warranty
    3. Front Right Wheel bearing/ with kit - replaced in warranty (Today - 11/27/2013).

Is it possible for a wheel bearing to wear out at just 17000kms of the vehicle s life. Part number not known but SA claims it to be around 2.7k incl all taxes. I did not experience any kind of symptom as well.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yes I had total of 2 bearings changed - Both of them failed pre-maturely and had the humming sound right from 13K IIRC. The Part number should be in the bill isn't it?