1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Parts changed under warranty.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 15, 2011.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The strategy seems to be very valid. Fiat does not want to mess up on after-sales issues & strong perception of customer dissatisfaction. So, as a strategy it might have taken a stand to get the car repaired at whatever cost.

However, little tightening of QC may actually save lots of cost. But then Plant management & running QC is a totally different item & we might be wrong on tightening QC saving cost part.
  2. BeeGee

BeeGee

Bangalore
    I got my vehicle on 16th June, after the parts replacements during the running repair. In addition to the other items mentioned in my earlier post, they have proactively changed the 'direct indirect switch', (the lever used to activate the turn indicator lights). this is most expensive part that was changed under warranty (Rs. 7204/-), though it was not charged to me.

Recently i have also noticed some problem (not sure its a real problem or not) with my breaks in very tight traffic situations (bumper to bumper traffic, at 20-30 kmph speed).

It becomes stiff when pressed multiple times, and the breaks do not work at all. Read similar issues with other Punto owners in 'Team BHP' forum, and they have different suggestions to the same.

Any ways, i am not taking any chances, and taking my vehicle for a fast checkup for this issue on coming Saturday.

BTW, i just came to know that FIAT INDIA is rated 2nd for Best Customer Satisfaction Survey. WOW that will be a surprise to many, and Good job done FIAT INDIA.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    99.9% there's a vacuum leak somewhere in the system. Get it checked thoroughly.

Gurjinder.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is there warrantee for Wiper Blades ?
    The SA told me as a Rubber part Wipers do not come under warrantee. Is this true ?
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Bhai I think rubber parts carry 1 yr warranty. I was told this by another Tfian. (Link ).
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@BG, which model you are using? if its 1.2 Active, then you need to press clutch fully and dont keep your foot on brake padel.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Clutch Slave Cylinder
    AC Compressor Relay
    Power Window Relay
    AC Retro Upgrade kit
    One Tire

I guess my list is really small after reading others.... Also my car was second batch (July 2009 make) and thus i expected few small issues which almost every maker finds in initial lot...
  8. BeeGee

BeeGee

Bangalore
    @nitinkumardba Its 1.4 Emotion.
    I checked about the breaks problem with SA, and he told me that this is very normal thing (not a 'Problem'), with all vehicle (not only FIAT) based on Hydrolic Systems. If you completely press the clutch, and simultaneously press the breaks continuously, the vacuum in the cylinder will be lost, because of which the breaks wouldn't work in that condition.

The release of Clutch pedal will recreate the vacuum in the system, and the system will be functional back without any problem.

Not sure this is true, any ways, i have not faced this issue again.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  9. renjithtr83

renjithtr83

Cochin
    I got my starter motor replaced today because of starting problem
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@BeeGee,

There was no report of brake hardness in 1.4L. Few owners of 1.2 faced this issue when they are moving very slow and AC is on.

But making some driving changes issue is resolved. Also, if you are in tight treffic, there are chances when you can't release clutch as suggested by TASC.

What solution 1.2 owners find is , press clutch fully. This will divert some more power towards braking system from engine.

Being a 1.4 L engine, you get it check properly.