1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Parts changed under warranty.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 15, 2011.

1. rubberfly

rubberfly Timido

Pune
    Is Antenna covered under warranty?

My fiat linea antenna came of with sudden noise while driving, i'm sure it didnt hit anything, couldnt recover the antenna though. The circuit and the socket is attached to roof. Is this part covered under warranty?
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Excellent point you raised there, BeeGee

It would be only right to mention reasons also against every part changed to give the righjt perspective. While in some cases it may sound that no. of parts changed are too many, in many cases on the other hand Fiat changes the parts under warranty withour creating much fuss unlike other manufacturers. e.g. which manufacturer changes Wiper blades under warranty if there are faint water streaks while wiping?

Actually, alongwith our concern as customers, its a concern for Fiat also on cost management if far too many parts need to be replaced under warranty. e.g. Strut mountings, link rods, Clutch Slave Cylinder, AC Gas leakage etc etc. Some of these parts are costly & changed multiple times in some cars. Does Fiat have large margin to accomodate such frequent replacements? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to prevent it thro' better QC?
  3. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Parts Changed within 13 months of Purchase of Punto Fire 1.2

1. Aircon Compressor, due to oil leak observed at 1,542 KMS.
    2. Compressor On/OFF Switch 2,117 Kms
    3. Valve 1 No. 2,117 Kms
    4. Mechanical Window Regulator 2,117 Kms & at 3,291 Kms
    5. Door winder
    6. A/c Gas Recharge - Repeatedly five times
    7. Gear Selector Shifter Lever Boot Seal -7,279 Kms
    8. Roof/Ceiling lamp-8,780 Kms
    9. Power Window Regulator - 8,780 Kms
    10. A/c Kit Pipe, wiremesh Filter - 10,450 Kms
    11. ECU/Injection Control Units -12,555 Kms
    12. Switch Panel - 14,785 Kms
    13. 10A Wedge type Fuse 3 Nos-14785 Kms
    14. A/c Pollen filter-14,785 Kms
    15. Clutch Kit (at 15,485 Kms)
    16. Clutch Sleeve bearing (at 15485 Kms)
    17. Clutch Slave Cylinder - 16,456 Kms (after Break down only - not proactive)
    18. Door lamp switch- 16,456 Kms
    19. A/c Kit Upgrade-16,465 Kms
  4. rubberfly

rubberfly Timido

Pune
    did they charged you for electrical parts like Roof/Ceiling lamp, Switch Panel, Door lamp switch?
  5. R/R Door handle Inner (Dicky Balancer)
    There used to be a squeaking noise when opening the hatch, right from date of delivery

In layman terms, I got the two piston-type levers that hold the hatch when it is open...
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Romsi, I think you're referring to the struts

Gurjinder
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Bhai, communicate with FIAT and get it done by SC. Plastic to Metal is nationwide change , FOC.
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

VP, same question I asked to Mr. Amit Srivastava. I got big smile on his face as answer.
  9. CSC plastic to metal (proactive)
  10. BeeGee

BeeGee

Bangalore

@VahanPujari, Yes I donot understand FIAT's strategy here, as they tend to replace A LOT of parts proactively. btw, is a new list of replacement inaddition to my earlier two items.

Since I went for a long drive 2 weeks back, i tot of giving my vehicle for a general checkup (@ Concord Motors Bangalore). I have mentioned few minor issues i noted during my drive to the SA, like -
    1) Noise from rear while turning above 60 kmph
    2) Clutch paddle not very smooth
    3) wobble feel at slow speed
    4) Few menu options (eg. settings menu) under Music system, in MID missing ;-)

SA called me back in 1 hr, and told the solution that they are giving me.

1) Noise from rear while turning above 60 kmph - Was causing due to -
    - Left rear suspension fluid leak, Solution: Left Suspension replaced
    - broken screw on the right rear suspension (Rare... isnt it?) Solution: Right Suspension Replaced

2) Clutch paddle not very smooth
    - Tried lubricating, didnt help much, and there seems to be a problem in the clutch pressure pad. hence replaced entire clutch set under warranty.

3) wobble feel at slow speed.
    -Same reason and solution as point number 1.

4) Few menu options (eg. settings menu) under Music system, in MID missing ;-)
    - Blue n Me Software updated. Not got the vehicle yet, hence cant comment how far was this successful.

So my total parts replaced under warranty becomes -

1) Clutch Slave Cylinder (Car breakdown, and replaced by SC)
    2) Rear Wiper (due to negligence, paid Rs. 400 including Tax) On 15th June 2011
    3) Clutch Set (Proactively by SC) On 15th June 2011
    4) Both rear suspensions (Studs) (Proactively by SC) On 15th June 2011
    5) Updated Blue n Me Firmware (Proactively by SC) On 15th June 2011

Note of thanks to Concord Motors Bangalore: My Vehicle was supposed to be delivered today, but when i reached the SC, they just came back from a test drive of my car, and found a broken screw at the rear suspension, and to replace that it will take one more day. Without any hesitation they arranged a loaned vehicle (Linea EP) for me to use until my car is ready. Cheers for this Courtesy, which now a days even Maruti's and Hyundai's (The so called after service leaders) wont provide.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011