1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Parking Sensor

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by sunilbsp, Aug 28, 2014.

1. sunilbsp

sunilbsp Timido

Bangalore
    My dear Fiat-ians,

Long time that i hadn't been here in the forum. Let me tell you the story behind this quick peep in. Its been a year that i am a proud owner of Punto Dynamic MJD. KHT Fiat had promised me a parking sensor, and that wasnt an OEM one when they installed it. I wasn't really aware of that. And when i knew it wasnt i contacted KHT fiat and after a little struggle that they have promised me a OEM parking sensor on half price. Does someone how reliable it is? I heard from that there is another one which is in the mirror with some bluetooth and USB and that costs 9000. Could someone please through some light on this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sunil
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think there is any OEM parking sensor, but there is Fiat approved aftermarket sensor (I think it is Autocop make, not sure though).
    I would say, more than reliability, it is warranty thing, which forces people to buy sensors from dealers.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I recently got parking sensor installed from Dealer(Genuine accessory for FIAT). And as said by Ravi, its autocop made with 1 year warrantee.
    No display on USB et all. Just plain beep-beep.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Even my New Linea has got OEM Parking Sensors which just does beep, no display in IRVM etc. but it suffices the need. At first it really feels weird that the sensor makes loudest irritating noise once rear bumper is in 6 inch vicinity of imminent obstacle, in my first experience, after hearing that sound I thought that there must be no more space left but when got down and looked there was half a feet distance still left ;)