1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Parking Sensor - Carputer Interface

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by ishankarve, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

I have hacked into a ultrasonic parking sensor.. like the guys at MP3 car.. remember PDC-USB for parking and TPMS sensors...well till now the firmware was paid... yesterday I wrote my custom firmware and now the only job remaining is adhering the output data to the Roadrunner/Centrafuse plugin....

You can check my code log at ishankarve.blogspot.com/2011/06/decoding-ultrasonic-parking-sensor.html

I will post a detail here 2.. Just short on time now.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

Centrafuse/Roadrunner compatibility

ACHIEVED!!.. I have successfully achieved complete sensor integration with centrafuse and roadrunner.
    Will post the code on my blog shortly.
    Mods requested to ascertain the possibility of making and distributing the hardware..
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Ishan, congrats. :) So happy to hear this. But I am afraid that being a doctor, this sensor code cracking stuff is all greek for me. Can you please explain in simpler language about this project?

I mean if I get that stuff installed in my car, what all can I achieve?
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Ishan,:clap
    Waiting for details...
    Also can u update more details of your carputer installation. ::V
    My pc is ready to go.

Ishan already have a carputer in his Linea, now he integrated the reverse parking sensors to that pc. :dancing
    Centrafuse and Riderunner are front-end softwares (touch screen friendly).
    Hope u got it.

Rajeev
  5. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

To put it in simpler terms .. there exists a method to interface your ultrasonic reverse parking sensors to a carputer via an electronic circuit. Till now the method to make your own circuit was available, however, the program to be written on the chip was paid.. A classic case of pants with 'proprietary zippers'. And even if you wanted it.. you have to import it from Germany...
    What I have done is write a software program for the chip and made it compatible with existing products. Free ofcourse.

Why do I need this interface...
    Instead of having an el-cheapo display in your car to display the parking distance left.. you can now see the same info on your carputer screen (Centrafuse/Riderunner) along with video camera display .. thats if you have
  6. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

Wanted! A trial system to test the interface

Dear members,

Solicit help of fellow team fiat members who have a carputer installed (Pref Centrafuse) along with parking sensors to test the system 'Live in Car'. Pref in and around delhi...
    I will ship the circuit minus sensors to to him

Base requirements: - Carputer Installed with parking sensors running centrafuse.

I am fabricating the PCB and circuit... i