1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Para flu Coolant level in Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by shashanknathani, Dec 13, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I see a drop in my para flu level in my punto, close to minimum level... My vehicle is ~18400 kms done and the second service was done at ~14700, i checked it that time and they topped it up to the max level... Is it normal for the coolant level to go down in just 3700 kms or is it something abnormal with my car... I am planning a visit to TASC but waiting for the AC Upgrade part to come.. To avoid two visits...

Somebody suggested to add water to it... I used to add water in my old car but that was the green color coolant but Para flu coolant looks different...Is it advisable to add some water for the time being.. and then get it topped up...

Please suggest...
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is certainly not normal, get it topped as soon possible.
  3. shashanknathani

Pune
    Thanks Ravi....

I read somewhere that the coolant drop should reflect on the engine temperature... But the Engine Temperature display in my vehicle is normal and i checked the Coolant box for any leakage, but the system appears normal... there is no leakage around...
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If the level is not below minimum level there's no emergency for topping it up you can top it up when getting the AC update done.
    If it is just below minimum use distilled water to top up just above minimum level (Don't use normal tap water, also measure the quantity of water used ) When you go for AC update ask them to top-up coolant and tell them you have added this much water into it. (ASS will take care of how much coolant is needed)

Engine Temp goes up only when there's no coolant.
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

did you by any chance use the front de-fogger?? (warm air from the AC)
  6. shashanknathani

Pune
    @Vijay: Thanks... I will top up with distilled water today.... It is not below but at the minimum level.

@Chaos: Yes.... I actually use it quite often, does it have any affect on the coolant usage...
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Yes. This is specifically mentioned in the manual.
  8. shashanknathani

Pune
    I need to read the manual ... I have just checked it initially and that too with not that interest... i was eager only in driving the car and enjoying it.. :)
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Even after my mega trip of 6000+ km, the coolant level remains at the same maximum level only. I too used defogger several times. In fact, the spare coolant bottle, which I carried in my Linea's boot, remains unused.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The coolant level in my GP has gone below minimum level. Looks like front defogger reduces the level permanently. I used to think that it causes a temporary reduction in level and the coolant level comes back a few minutes after switching off the heater.

I do not remember when I used the heater last time? Maybe in the first week of Feb but the coolant level has be showing a constant downward trend since the past 4-5 weeks but no obvious signs of any leakage.

I went to a local dealership Banarsi Dass Auto and he said that they have 1 liter bottles of Paraflu synthetic coolant.
    I inquired about a fuse of 7.5A and he told me that there is no fuse for 7.5A in Fiat cars with full confidence. ::OO
    He tried to educate me by saying that there are only 5A, 10A, 20A and 40A fuses in Fiat cars.

Lets see from where I get this 7.5A fuse. Joshi Autos and Banarsi Dass Autos checked. Need to check with Hind Motors. :hit