1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Palio To Linea TJet+ Upgrade

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by kr_vasudev, Jan 2, 2011.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Gautham,

Thank you very much for the providing the information.

Nice to know: The steering feedback, Suspension & Ride Quality seems better in the Linea (difference of 7 years here)

Regards
    Vasu
  2. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Hey Vasu....I upgraded from 1.2 Palio ELPS 2003 to Linea T-Jet Plus.

I would say we cannot compare the two...it would not do justice to the Palio.
    I love my Palio and its still serving me after 7 years. It is still the best car of its time and in its segment.

And what to say about the Jet....it is built like a Jet and drives like a Jet.

On the parameters that you have mentioned I would say T-Jet beats all cars below 10 Lakhs.....forget Palio. It was rightly termed a best car below 10 Lakhs.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it is so good... it sounds so good it feels so good :dancing :dance
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi adutt,

Thank you for the information and nice to know you upgraded from Palio 1.2 ELPS to TJet

I agree, In our country, it is not just Palio all the FIAT Cars are way ahead of competitors as a overall product.

During my Linea TJet test drive, i was just comparing on few aspects that i felt like missing. Especially the neat interiors and the rear bench space in the Palio. Every drive in my Palio, i feel like it is a brand new CAR, it brings smile. I do not have luxury of parking else i would have thought of retaining the Palio.

TJet does justice to the name JET :dance

By the way, do you have the ownership thread on your experience of TJet ?

Thanks
    Vasu
  5. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

Bangalore
    noise insulation levels in LINEA is much much better than PALIO... inside LINEA it completely shuts you from outside world....

PALIO's steering is raw, precise & perfect... LINEA's steering feels a bit light..still good though...

PALIO's rear seat comfort is much better than PUNTO's, but LINEA's comfort is too good...

PALIO feels so much agile & nimble... LINEA is a bit stiff/heavy....

TJET all-4 disc brakes is 10 times better than PALIO braking system...
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Linea a bit stiff/heavy.......are we talking about TJET, if we are that is news to me. TJet does not feel stiff and heavy. If you are going by the 1230 kg weight, lemme tell you guys, that weight does not hinder the ride. It makes it even more stable. Ill say, if Linea was ny lighter, it would start shaking at the speeds it can achieve.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Vasu,

I recently added Tjet to our fiat family...I have a Palio 1.2 NV and now I am driving Tjet.

I will try to answer your quarries.

Well if you have drive Palio.....and you like it....you are going to love Driving Tjet....The best part is that it took me just 1 KM to adapt to the car.....

Suspension is twice as good as Palio....and ride quality is 4 times better....

My Tjet has a GC of 165 MM and I have had no problems like scraping the bottom on any size of speed breakers.....people who complain about that should note that its not the bottom of the car ...but the Mud flaps that scrap through the speed breaker....

I took a test drive of the demo car that had done closed to 30,000 KM and it still felt strong. Remember the demo cars are the most abused ones.

5 times Better than Palio...but not close to BMWs of the world...

If you like Palios steering feedback....you are going to Love this one like hell...

I have not tried 6 so far...but for 5 it was a good comfort......

Why stop at one test drive....I tested the car at-least 5 times for 5 to 10 KM everytime ....
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Thank you sanjay for the valuable comparo
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the information. You have given the details i was looking for.

I will take few more test drives as advised by you ;)

Regards
    Vasu
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Vasudev: how does the bronco scuro color look? Is it similar to the brownish golden color available in SX4? Please let me know