1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Palio Stile(2007) AC Compressor not turning on

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Supratimghosh77, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Supratimghosh77

Supratimghosh77 Timido

Gurgaon
    I have a fiat palio Stile (2007 model). A couple of weeks back when I tried to turn on the AC the compressor sometimes turned on and sometimes didn't. Now it has stopped working. Also while the compressor was working the cooling was not very effective and there was a pungent smell in the cabin with some bit of eye burn.
    I took the car to Kashyap fiat in Noida, but they didn't have the 'computer' to run a diagnostic test. So I'm in Status Quo.

I would like to know which service center in Gurgaon I should visit to as kashyap (Okhla & Noida) is pretty far from my place.

Also what all could be the possible reasons for such issues as I would seriously won't like to be taken for a ride by the workshops for unnecessary part replacements.

TIA
    Supratim
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can get it checked on the scanner.

Apart from that the relay if not functioning well could be an issue. And if relay is fine, there could be a wiring issue at a specific connector point based on what you are saying.

AC.jpg
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Have they checked the gas levels? this could be due to low gas levels.
    if that is fine then check the electrical components

Rajeev
  4. Supratimghosh77

Supratimghosh77 Timido

Gurgaon
    @rajeev_pillai @asimpleson

I took the car to the workshop. They checked the gas level and then tried to connect the AC directly to the power and it worked. The workshop is saying it is a problem with the thermostat sensor that is why the AC is not working when turned on from the AC switch. I'm not sure is it is an electrical wire issue or a genuine thermostat issue. The cost of the thermostat is around 1.5k-2k and the overall service plus parts will set me back by ~5k.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2015 ---
    @asimpleson They did not check it with the scanner but the entire checking was manual.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Just negotiate the labour costs and get the thermostat changed.