1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Palio Spares - Thread

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by sandynator, Feb 15, 2011.

1. thanujj

thanujj Timido

kannur
    rs 900 for 4 pcs good condition new model punto 14 inches
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am planning to buy Palio 1.9D from my cousin. 80+k Kms done. Car is in excellent condition but it has the Famous Fuel injection Pump problem.
    On First ignition car vibrates and when you stop and Start it behaves normally. Fiat mechanic suggested that we can do alternate option for fuel pump .
    Mico made fuel pump can be installed and there would be no sensor problems but he hinted that there would be slight loss of power.
    As i am not aware of PALIO's ..can any one suggest how to proceed with FIP problem rectification?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Whatever you do, do not get any other pump installed as it wont work.

The FIP calibration/sensor error is rectified at a place in Mumbai. Once done, it stays fine. I had it done at 50k kms and now i'm at 1.40 lac kms.

I'll ask the local FIAT mech for the contact.number/address of the Mumbai place which does work on these pumps.

What price is being quoted for the car.
    2 people like this.
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for suggestion gurjinder. Price quoted 1.4 lacs.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1.4 lacs seems to be on the higher side. You are looking at approximately 20k to fix the pump alone. What about the general condition of the car and has its timing belt kit ever been replaced? Also ask about the clutch. New genuine clutch kit is 8k, if at all we can locate it.

Try around 1-1.10 max.

Cheers.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also, look at the engine bay and try and see how many OE FIAT hose clamps you can locate. If you see lots of screw type clamps, that means the car has had quite a fair bit of opening up of hoses. Its one of the basic checks of a Palio.

I saw a 1 lac + run palio with all factory clamps. One owner car, zero issues.
    1 person likes this.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Gurjinder,
    I have took FIAT Mechanic along with me. I did drive the car. Power is excellent . Engine doesnt have vibrations and well maintained one. Clutch is good.
    Apart from FIP everything is in place as per mechanic. I did see the engine bay and mechanic confirmed that all are OE clamps ( I did read your post in past so i confirmed the same with mechanic ).

IMO too 1.1 lac would be fair price. As per my cousin FIP issue is there from long back.

Regards,
    Shashank
  7. tmukho

tmukho

New Delhi
    Hi,:p Can any one help me. I lost my' Coolent Cap'... Where can I buy it inNudeelhi.. :confused:.
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Looking for AC side vent

Hi There,

Would appreciates if any one let me know from where I can find the side AC vent for my Palio NV as both vent broken and there are no air from both of them. Also let me know the price as well as...
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3