1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Palio Spares - Thread

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by sandynator, Feb 15, 2011.

1. sandynator

can any of you guys mention the Fog lamps for my fiat palio 1.2 ELX??

which make & model sholud I go for & frm where canI get it??

Basically I'm frm Mumbai

thnks in advance...
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Palio D - wheel caps

Hi Guys,

Wanted to know if this type of wheel caps are available with TASS:anyone

If Palio D owners please help getting this....

Also if FCB guys know from where to get.

cap2.jpg cap3.jpg cap.JPG
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  3. you can try this out in any automobile accessory shops which sell wheel caps. This design used to come with the Uno's as well if I am not mistaken
  4. linuxmanju

Spares Availability for Palio 1.9D

Hi Guys,I am planning to buy a Palio 1.9D used car, ( As I Love Fiat and Palio :) and I always dreamed about owning this car ). Though the car which I shortlisted is in good condition, Being a discontinued car I am worried about Spare Parts availability of the same here in Bangalore. The burning question here is Will Fiat still make the spares available on this discontinued model ( Atleast for next 4/5 years ) ?, If I want to buy and retain the car for not more than say 2 years would you guys suggest me to go for it ?.Thanks and Regards,Manjunath
  5. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

i think green tracks services the old palio 1.9D, that is where i used to get my palio serviced.

once my car had an overhaul of engine bcoz i hit the engine oil sump to a huge stone and drove the car in the same condition. with the oil not pumping to the engine parts, the bearings got worn out and i had to spend 44k on the same. but green tracks ordered thee parts and did the job.

major parts like suspensions, brake pads- drums, brake boosters, burnt head light assemblies, clutch keep, ac compressor etc are easily available in green tracks.

so as long as the car is in bangalore, no worries mate

cheers. a good conditioned palio1.9D is truly amazing. the low end torque is mind blowing, its capable to pull lots of load
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Make sure that the notorious FIP problem is not present in the 1.9D Palio that you plan to buy. We have a 1.9D Palio since 2005 and the FIP problem cropped up and the rectification cost us 18k.

Finding good cars with low mileage is pretty difficult, but not impossible. Do not trust the odometer, it can be reset easily.

Check for the originality of the paint. Palio's paint has a reputation for chipping.

Take along a old FIAT mechanic ( one who knows Palios) when going to buy a Palio D. It's a pretty solid car otherwise. Can take a LOT of abuse and not say anything , unlike cars which TATA make.
  7. What is FIP?
  8. I believe gurjinder is referring to the fuel pump issue which is well know problem in the 1.9. This is the only worry factor for the 1.9
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Yes, the Fuel Injection Pump. The one sore point for many Palio D's. But once set right, it should not be a bother.

Just make sure the car is as original as possible. The thing about Palios is that a non FIAT mechanic can really SCREW the car, as i've seen . Try to find a car which was serviced, repaired by FIAT mech's only.
  10. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Wheel cap for Palio

Hi Fiatien,

I need your help as i am looking the original wheel caps for my 2004 model fiat palio. Could any one assist me from where can i get these wheel caps. I am from Delhi and i want original caps not the duplicate one also would appreciates if any one tell me the price for these caps.

Your urgently reply will be highly appreciated