1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Palio Fuel Gauge not working properly

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by R Rajesh, Dec 12, 2015.

1. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I have the fuel gauge in my palio stile mjd showing near empty always and the reserve light glowing.I did checked with the mechanic and he says that to be replace with the whole sensor assy.(fuel gauge sensor along with fuel priming pump assy cost >8000rs). DIY. My self Removed the priming pump below the rear seat and noticed that the float baloon got a puncture and filled with diesel, which will not allow to float at all.Removed the plastic flaot and drained the diesel, repaired the float by fixing little screw in the punctured hole.Refixed the whole unit, Now the fuel gauge is working properly.
    Sujit508 and Raaz like this.
  2. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Congrats for fixing the problem and thanks for sharing this info in the forum, which will be helpful for the forum members.

If possible, please share the location of the pictures and other details.
  3. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I did mind to take pictures at that instant untill the problem is fixed.The sensor with the fuel priming pump assy is located below the rear right seat assy.
    Raaz likes this.
  4. vishal_tomar

vishal_tomar Timido

Vadodara
    vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Mr. Raaz

i have one radiator Hose pipe Brand new , seems you still have queen if required pls do me inform
    My no. 09429198217