1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Palio 1.6, Adventure or Forrester AWD?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by avnsiva, Oct 5, 2014.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    I am planning to purchase a second car and I am looking for a used car. My budget is aroun 3 Lakhs.

I am confused between buying a Palio 1.6, Adventure and Forrester.

I like Forrester for its Boxer Engines. I had owned a Subaru before and its the best in driving. Grips the road like hell... The boxer engines are reliable and hardly vibrates. But I am concerned about the availability of spares...

I love Adventure for its suspension setup. It almost like an SUV. Rigid build and with the 1.6 motor, its powerful, cheaper to maintain as well

If the above two options are out of the picture, then I may consider Palio 1.6.

Please advice on the risks and benefits on my choices. All these cars will be used 500-600 km in a month.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Subaru Forrester is available in India??
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What will be purpose of your car? I mean its intended use. Is it for driving in City/Highway?

If it is for normal city driving, consider other options instead of these three.
  4. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    It was....badged as Chevrolet
  5. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Planning to have this in my native place. It ll be used for short distances on bad roads...
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Maintaining Palio/Adventure at your native place may not be that easy. I suggest you to play safe. With 3 Lakh budget you will have plenty of options. Think about it.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You are right, you could think of Palio Adventure if you want a very good suspension setup, but you might need to stock some inventory of critical parts in future for getting it fixed, just in case. If petrol 1.6 is in mind, it is quite trouble free, but at times it may need scanner for those odd issues that might arise. Depending on your luck, you may not have any mechanical issues with this car for 3-4 years at all. In your shoes, I would buy it if a decent one is available at about 1.25-1.5 lacs with registration etc.

Also fixing diesel 1.9D version is not everyone's cup of tea, it is a great engine within its limits but will be a unforgiving if handled by untrained technician. Also had troublesome Fuel Pumps which failed at specific intervals.

A Qualis is better over this one if you could find a decent one in 3 lacs. Do search for a Qualis if you want to glide over rural terrain. A much secure investment for the needs you mentioned.
  8. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Tried a friends Forrester...m loving it...that boxer engine pulls crazily..no vibrations...all parts are built to withstand abuse..I ll be in Delhi to inspect 2 Forrester's later this week..ll decide based on pricing...
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Do note that both the Adventure and the Forester are extinct species. Finding spares might be an issue. The Palio and Adventure surely will be available in the budget, if you find a good condtion one for sale that is.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    All the best! Subaru's are great driving machines. Go with your heart!