1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Paiting Tyre Walls for my New Pirelli Tyres for Linea MJD Classic Plus

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by sriks84, Aug 3, 2015.

1. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Kedar, I purchased this from "hercules Tyres" in bangalore who had the stock imported . 98pCD is not written on the website as you get the same alloys for different PCD's and for different cars, this alloy is also made for FIAT with 98PCD configuration which was sourced by the dealer.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 4, 2015 ---
    THank you Pradeed. Yes infact my wife deserves a very special appreciation as it wasnt easy for her to paint all the 4 tyres with so much fo precision
    I have just driven the car for 1 week before this painting was done and the feel is entirely different , the car does not even shake on potholes because of its wider profile and silk smooth feeling of driving the car.

Will keep you posted more the reviews in coming days..

How many KMS have u driven on your NCT5 , i guess even Good year is a superb tyre and in my case i was totally biased on the premiere brand and desperately wanted to get it on my linea as you can only see Pirelli Tyres on BMW's , Auid's and Jaguars
    I sont think the alloys are available in 15 , i purchased it from Hercules Tyres - Sheshadripuram Bangalore
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Pradeepms likes this.
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I saw one red punto pic in another forum in Facebook, which was having same alloys... Let me check out that shop when am in blr..... Thanks buddy.... Enjoy...

Cheers
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sriks84 : awesome choice of alloys buddy. Tyres are new as well? how is the pick up after switching to 205/55 R 16?
  4. SarKV

SarKV Novizio

Bangalore
    @sriks84 Very good choice of Alloys, it really complementing Linea. I'm also looking for replacing the tyres, let me know how much you paid for the tyres. Planning to change all the tyres this week or Next.
    sriks84 likes this.
  5. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    **Droool** those alloys!! :happy:

Wish I could swap out my brand new Evo alloys with these!
    sriks84 likes this.
  6. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    My NCT5 just covered 600km's, Even my brothers BMW X1 came with pirelli run flat, but it is very harsh on local roads, may be due to RFT. Also got worn out at 17000KM. Pictured below. So I'm in a confusion whether to go for the Pirelli on linea, if it is like you said that it absorbs bumps without passing into the cabin then I will have a look at it. He is charging Rs.7400 for P7 and Rs.4600 buy back for NCT5 when odo read 100km. Don't know how much he will quote at 600km.

Also saw P7 in different types like P7 blue , P7 All season etc. which one is yours?.

IMAG1935.jpg
  7. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Sarvana, each tyre costed me 7800/- bucks inclusive of all taxes
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015 ---
    Hi Deepak, the pick up has slightly gone down after switching to these tyres, especially when AC is on .The Turbo spooling happens after a few more seconds than what it used to spool during R14 tyres.

But 205/55 R16 are stock dimensions recommended by FIAT for LINEA EMotion so it should get adjusted in few more months.I guess the profile that they had given for such a big car for Classic ( 175/70 R14 ) was very very less and dont u think these tyres are too small or dangerous on highways with speeds of 160 or 170 KM/hour , Im just curious , if all you can throw some light on this issue that would be great.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Sexy & Sporty looking alloys & grippy pirelli tyres, now your car looks even more striking
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sriks84 :
    tyre profile for R14 [175/70 R14] is more than R16 [205/55 R16].

1. 175/70 R14

profile of the tyre is in this case 70% of the tyre width.

175 x .70 = 122.5 mm ---> This is your sidewall height.

2. 205/55 R16

Profile of the tyre = 205 x .55 = 112.75 mm

What i get from the Low-profile Tyre:
    1. Overall Better handling characteristics especially in the bends.

Disadvantage of Low-profile tyre:
    a harsher ride over potholes and rough roads.

What i get from high width tyre:
    you will increase the contact patch with the road, thus acceleration and braking will improve.

Disadvantage:
    if the installed tyre is too wide, excess tire will bulge over the edge of the wheel.

So going by these statistics, Yes 205/55 R16 is better than 175/70 R14.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2015 ---
    @Pradeepms @sriks84 :
    there is a good site for knowing the suitable tyre sizes while upgrading to new shoes : http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

tyre r14 and r16.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2015 ---
    @Pradeepms @sriks84 :
    there is a good site for knowing the suitable tyre sizes while upgrading to new shoes :
    tyre r14 and r16.JPG
    http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator
    Pradeepms likes this.
  10. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Deepak likes this.